cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Re: Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

I enjoy the peace of mind I get from being able to remotely monitor and control various aspects of my home. I wish there was more flexibility by allowing scripting.
Rookie

I'd say what I love most about my Iris smart home is the peace of mind in knowing my family, pets and home is protected 24/7 from fire, flood, break-ins and any medical emergencies that may arise.  It's a great DIY system approch which allows me to build it up over time and one that we can take with us should we decide to move.

I really love being able to adjust the heat on my way home from work. I work different hours every week so having the ability to do it from my phone is awesome! I also love using my contact sensors for a temperature reading in my crawl space!!

I love that I am connected to my home, even when I am not there.   I love that I know my house is secure and my pets are safe.  I love that more and more things are on the market that connect my home through Iris.  I am so glad I joined the Iris community!

The main advantage I hold up with Iris is the basic option offers $0 monthly monitoring option. I was slightly upset that I had to add signal repeaters in my small house to get all the sensors to stop disconnecting. It would also be nice if there were motion sensors that filtered out small pets motions. Otherwise I am perfectly happy with Iris.

Rookie

The peace of mind. I never have to worry about coming home to an unexpected "guest". I know as long as my alarm is set, I will be notified via my phone of an disruption immediately. I also love that if I forget to set my alarm, I can still open the app and see if any of my sensors have detected motion. 

I love the ease of setting up the Iris components.

I love the simplicity of installation and the fact that I don't have to pay for professional monitoring if I don't need it.  Also, the flexibility, where I can add sensors where most professional installers would not put them, such as in a medicine cabinet or safe.

Rookie

smart locks

smart locks work great

I really love the Iris product package plans like the smart plugs and motion sensors for lighting and doors and windows. I have my smart plugs connected to my Echos throughout my house and can tell Alexa to turn the lights on or off anytime in any room. I also love that I can tell if any doors or windows have been tampered with or opened while I'm not home by receiving alerts from my phone app. I also like have the motion sensor connected to a smart plug and light in my laundry room so when my hands are full I don't have to worry about trying to flip the light on, I activate the light when I come close to the motion sensor I have set up close to the door. It's really neat to have the options of setting timers on your lights from your app while you are away. I recently added two new Iris fire and CO2 detectors in my home that are connected to my app and I plan to continue to add more to my home system and connect and do more with it and Alexa.