cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Re: Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

I like being able to control turning my Christmas tree on and off using my Echo Dot!

I really like how easy everything was to set up. We keep adding new smart options all the time. I’m really excited to add iris compatible ceiling fans to my home this summer. Thanks

We have a cabin 5 hours away. With our Iris system, we feel completely comfortable being that far away without anyone who can drop by and take a peek. We control the door, the temperature, and the lights. We rent our cabin out and it allows us to set up the cabin the right way with a welcoming of having the lights on just right, the temperature just right and I can set a personal PIN for each of my guests. If we hadn't found Iris, we might have sold the cabin!

We put several smoke detectors, a water leak detector, and a keypad deadbolt on my iris network at our vacation rental. We love that we can monitor things there remotely and change the entry code for our guests from our smartphone.

Temperature sensing and versatility of Rules!

Besides the great security that my 2 Iris systems give me, I've found a side benefit.  The fact that the window/door sensors report temperature is a great feature.  I have one on my garage door for both security and to see how hot it is getting outside.  I use my indoor motion sensors to see the temperature inside (as a backup monitor for my Iris thermostat) in my vacation home.  Want to keep tabs on your refrigerator at a vacation home, put a window sensor in there!  But one coolest application that I came up with is to put a window sensor in a small waterproof container and drop it in my jacuzzi.  A rule is set up to then report to me when my jacuzzi has fully heated and is ready to get in and enjoy! 

Beginner

I have used the Iris system for nearly four years now to operate and protect our home.  Sometimes this has been trying, but support has been very helpful.  Ofcourse, Iris has been maturing and now has become a more usable system that I hope to expand in the coming months with the addition of additional door/window sensors and a ventilation system operator.  One other item I want to add is a way to control the operation of my pool heater.

Currently I have some door/window sensors, thermostat, outlets, and switches controlled.  

I have had one attempted break in and the Iris system caught it in time a turned on all the lights and cameras got video of the person who was later caught. So thumbs up from me
Beginner

Living in Georgia and operating a condo in Destin Florida, we use our IRIS keyless entries to monitor our cleaning and maintenance crews coming and going into the condo plus easy access in changing access code for arriving guest from the comfort of home. Thank you Iris.

I love how tiny and lightweight all the products are. They are also easy to install that i got my fanily hooked up on the products. It is also very user friendly and you dont have to be such a tech expert to use it, which for sure help elder users who did not grow up around technology. I am glad I found iris and did my research. I hope the company will keep growing Smiley Happy
Rookie

What I love most about my Iris Smart Home is how easy it is to create the system to be exactly what I need. There are no set layouts for a house and what people need for security so Iris lets me decide what my most immediate needs are and then continues to allow me to add things as my needs grow and as new opportunites become available for new technologies. Choices are a great thing and Iris provides those for me and my family. I LOVE IT!