cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Beginner

Re: Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

I love the fact I can set motion sensors to trigger various actions like lights, door locks, even as specific as turning on the coffee pot when motion is detected in the master bathroom between the hours of 530 and 630... making coffee without even putting on pants is a HUGE win in my book!!
Frequent Contributor

I enjoy the connectivity to my home while I'm away. I can see all around and know what is going on.

My iris system has been a lifesaver!  Our Airbnb rental is 2 hours away and the iris saves us a lot of trips to it to save time and gas.  We use the motion detector to monitor security when the house is vacant and to let us know when guests arrive and depart (when it is off, it still registers any motion).  We control the thermostat from home.  We have the sprinkler control to control the sprinkler system.  We have a camera to monitor when the lawn needs to be cut and when the snow needs to be removed.  We love it!

Rookie

We love the Iris system! My wife and I have integrated it with Alexa and Wow! From setting up scenes for morning and nighttime routines to saying "Alexa, turn off the house lights." Absolutely amazing. Oh, and hit the..we're home button and the house disarms and garage door open with a series of lights turning on makes life easy and enjoyable.
Chris and Mindy Van Ackern

I am still learning all the things I can do with the Smart hub. I am definitely looking forward to adding more to our home. So far I have just been learning lights - would love to add the camera and door locks as soon as possible!

IRIS helps us feel more protected from intruders and is also a great way to automate our home! I recommend IRIS to everyone I talk to because it has great features and having used it for so long myself I trust in the IRIS brand! We use it for everything from home heating to automating lights and protecting our house while home and away!

BA
Frequent Contributor

I use Iris contact sensors (V1) on all doors, some internal.  I find the V1 contact sensors to be reliable.  The V1 motion detectors however, are prone to false alarms.

The good thing about the app is, the response is faster than V1.

However, I prefer the design of the app in V1.  There IMHO is alot of wasted space, and unnecessary screens in V2.  It is difficult to tell at a glance the status of all sensors on the same pagte.  Also, there is not enough detail about battery level or signal streingth of each sensor.  Also, the alarm volume at the hub is much too low.

I am using the product, and find it helpful.  I also like the pricing.

Frequent Contributor

I myself have been a Iris user since the 1st Generation. Iris has come a long way since then. I love Iris and the ease of it. I love that it connects with Alexa. I can tell Alexa to turn things on and off with Iris. The one thing I wish Iris would do is make different options on their products. Such as more than 1 keypad. I myself am still using the 1st Generation keypad because it looks better then the 2nd gen. The yard signs and window decals are still sold with the old Iris logos. Not the new and current ones. One issue I have that I have not been able to fix is the orbit 12 zone sprinkler system.
It is scheduled and kicks on when it should but not as long as it's programmed to water for. I've contacted support a few times and nothing has fixed it. For the cost I paid I would expect a flawless product or an alternative product

I also have told many of my clients about how easy Iris is and installed complete Iris systems for many of my customers. They love it as well!
Beginner

I have greatly enjoyed the ability to control lights/appliances while being away. It’s super nice to be able to turn on the lights before get home to a dark house!
Rookie

Iris makes our home more comfortable, safer and easier to manage.   With Iris, our living area and outdoor lights automatically go on at sunset every night.  When it's time for bed, we use a Smart Button that's mounted next to our bedroom door.  With a single press, our bedroom lights come on, every other light turns off, our doors lock, our thermostat adjusts and our security alarms set.     In the morning, we have Iris programed to run the scene "Wake Up".  In unison with our 6AM alarm clocks, Iris turns on our bedroom lights (makes it harder to accidently fall back to sleep), our living room, kitchen and bathroom lights.   It's like the house wakes up with us and is helping us start the day.     A bit later in the morning, when Iris detects that both of our key fobs have left the hosue, all of the lights turn off, the thermostat adjusts again and the alarm is set.   We no longer have to run around shutting off lights, wondering if we set the alarm or wasting energy because the AC or heat is oh high while the home is empty. 

Iris has been a great addition to our family!  It's saves us money, gives us peace of mind and makes our lives flow a lot easier.