cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

I like that the system is first a dependable security system and second automation. It's also great that it provides enough freedom to be creative. For example I have added a sensor to the mailbox so I am notified when the mail has been delivered. I love not having to check the mail multiple times per day. My mail service is very inconsistent. 😁

We were recommended to Iris by one of my husband's coworkers (law enforcement) due to ease of use, affordability, and the nonexistent amount of false alarms (such as wind blowing or the system setting off for no reason, like they deal with alot with other companies). We had just got married and were building our home. We had several Lowe's gift cards and it seemed like the perfect use! It was one of our best moves. My favorite thing about having an Iris Smart home has to be the ease of use. I am able to arm or disarm (or my favorite, partial) my home on the app no matter where I am. My husband is a nighttime deputy and I am a paramedic that works 24 hour shifts. I can arm Iris partial while I'm at work if he falls asleep and forgets to do so. He can do the same for me when I come home in the mornings and crash. I can arm partial while he's away and clean my house with music blasting, then fall asleep with the peace of mind that if an alarm is triggered, it will wake me up and call me. We can run out of the house to complete errands and arm our system on our phones if we forget to. I love that I can set a delay on arming and disarming...I have our system to arm in seconds because we arm when we are home or away, never while leaving. I also love my fob because I can arm as I am walking out the door or coming in. Besides ease of use, I love how affordable Iris is. We originally signed up for the pro-monitoring but we had some issues setting it off (neither of us had ever had a security system) but we went to the basic version to train ourselves to arm and disarm. I learned what partial was the hard way! We plan to increase our system with cameras indoors and outdoors, and we will upgrade back to pro-monitoring. I have recommened Iris to all of our friends because we have had such a good experience! The affordability and vast amounts of customization is usually enough for a friend to atleast try it. 

Frequent Contributor

The ability to keep my family safe from anywhere in the world.

It is an absolute pleasure to be able to walk into our home and have Alexa turn on the lights without the need to feel for switches. The installation was exceptionally easy and was completed within minutes. Our wish list has been the items listed in your bundle to further our sense of security. 

I work long and constantly changing hours with some travel. The Iris Home Security System provides me with a great sense of comfort knowing that not only my home is secured with alarms but at any time I need I can check the cameras around my home and property. It’s nice to be able to see what you work hard for and love is safe.
Rookie

I actually have two favorites.  The  first is having the IRIS cameras visibily pointed at the entrances of my home to help deter potential thieves.  Secondly, I so lHeartHeartHeart that IRIS is connected to both Amazon Alexa and with Google Home.   When I'm on the road and I feel as if I didn't turn off the lights at home, all I say is "OK Google, turn off all my lights", all the lights at home is turned off without touching the phone. When I'm in  my home office, I say, "Alexa turn on office lights" and the overhead light is turned on as well as the backlighting that I set up behind my monitors.  How kewl is that.   Smiley Happy

Rookie

I love that I can set my alarm anywhere and have the peace of mind that I didn’t forget to set it!

I have had Iris for 3 years and love it.  Normally the devices are easy to hook up and work great.  There is always new devices available.  At first, I bought the system for the thermostat mainly and to try out the outlets.  Now, I have cameras, lights, outlets, fobs, smart buttons, motion sensors, and the garage door opener and even have the professional monitoring.  All work with no issues and I plan on adding more.  I am proud to be part of the Iris Community.

Being able to have Iris control the thermostats, as well as being able to have lights come on and go off at scheduled times so I don't have to come into a dark home.

Rookie

We love the remote management provided by Iris.  We can check on the house and know what is happening no matter where we are.  We also like all of the supported devices as we have had several water problems alerted by the water leak alarm as well as using it daily for lights management and security.