cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Re: Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

I like the fact, that even when I’m away from home I’m in control,

And also feel confident since I have a watch dog in my pocket, (app).

Thanks for being there for me.

In physics, you theoretically can be in two places at one time over a great distance.  A simple concept, but impossible without engineers and complex technology – and it may not be real - yet! With IRIS, I defy physical science every day and can be virtually in two places at one time, ever-present between my home and beach house, far distances away.
Having IRIS is more than just theory! It’s real and it makes possible a natural way of securing, providing safety and at convenience. No complex engineering or quantum tunneling, just simple hub, the internet easily paired to many different sensors. That’s it!
Now I simply IRIS myself to understand my first and second homes without physical transport.

Beginner

I am a long time Iris by Lowes user. I currently have 31 sensors on my system and I am very pleased with their performance. I have been searching for a remote contact sensor so I can use the switches build-in for the original security system. I would appreciate any information the community may have about the availability of such a sensor. 

I love the fact that I can manage my home from my phone.  The ease of use and ability to infinitely customize the Iris System make it ideal for our lifestyle.  Living in Alaska offers many unique challenges.  With temperatures that range from -50 in the winter time to 90 in the summer, the ability to monitor the climate in our home offers us peace of mind when we are away and the potential to avoid costly repairs.  Alaska also offers many opportunities to view wildlife.  Our cameras have captured moose, fox and snowshoe hares roaming through our property, something we would have missed without the system.  The cost of the system as well as the ability to take it with us if we move made Iris our choice when choosing a home security system.

Rookie

With Iris, we were able to create a smart home security system. It works with Alexa in the smart home part. Examples are: 1. We can use motion sensor as motion activate switch that switches on or off certain smart light bulbs or smart switch. With Alexa add on, we can adjust smart bulbs dimmer instead of using Iris App. 2. The rules and scenes are incredibly useful. When I press away scene on Iris App, my smart garage door opener with close my garage door, turn on my alarm, lock my door, turn off all my smart bulbs and switches, turn off mart thermostat and etc. When I return home, I simply press "return scene", and my garage will open, my doors will be unlock, my thermostat will return on, and etc.
There are just too many ways that Iris system can help my home to be smart and safe. Another example is that I recently discover that I can have Iris set to partial Alarm at midnight and turn off all my lights and thermostat, so I won't forget to set it before I go to sleep. And, have Iris disarm at 7:00 am and turn on my thermostat, so I won't forget and trigger the alarm and woke up with warm house in the morning. This function brings me peace of mind and I feel I can sleep much securely at night. And it helps me lower my PG &E bills.
Rookie

Love the idea of checking the temp in every room when I'm out of town, and of course checking the camera to make sure things are normal.

I love the lock for my front door, how they automatically lock within seconds. My kids and my family feel save. I wish I could buy all their products. They’re the best.
Frequent Contributor

What’s not to love! My whole house is controlled by Iris devices. Watering the grass and controlling the lights are some things I use on a daily basis. The most important are the ones I hope to never “use” but it is so nice/necessary I will know immediately if a smoke alarm or water sensor goes off. Thank you Iris!
Frequent Contributor

I love the 3rd party interfaces.  We use Google Home quite a bit with Iris.

Rookie

I love being able to monitor our garage door. I have lost count of how many times we left town thinking we might have left the garage door oon. Also, cameras help keep track of who's at the door, what the pets don when you're away, etc. I love being able to turn on/ off lights remotely and being able to set the Christmas tree on schedule. This system seems you work very well and has evolved a great deal over time. Can't imagine life without it anymore.