cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Community Manager

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Dear Iris customer,

As a valued customer, we wanted to provide an important update regarding Iris. We have decided to shut down the Iris smart home platform and related services effective March 31, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are committed to providing the resources and support needed as you transition to comparable smart home products.

This email provides important information on the process and resources available for Iris customers. Please do not bring your connected Iris devices back to a Lowe’s store.

• We have created an online redemption process that will allow customers who have eligible, connected Iris devices to receive a Visa prepaid card to help migrate to another smart home platform.
  • Upon logging into Iris, you will be directed to complete the redemption process using a customized, online tool. You will also be able to access additional information, such as redemption status and support articles.
  • All Iris customers need to complete the redemption process through the Iris app or at https://home.irisbylowes.com/redemption by March 31, 2019.
  • The online process is the only way you can receive a redemption for your already connected Iris items. Please do not bring connected items back to the store.
  • Customers can return any Iris items they have purchased within the last 90 days that are not connected to the Iris platform via Lowe’s normal return policy (see your Lowe’s receipt for Lowe’s Return Policy details).
  • Some customers may find the redemption value exceeds the amount owed via Lowe’s Return Policy.
  • Many devices used with Iris are compatible with other smart home platforms. For example, SmartThings is a comparable platform to Iris, and to ease the transition, SmartThings’ support team is ready to assist you with the migration process.
  • Some devices incompatible with other smart home platforms are eligible for redemption.

Again, we are committed to supporting a smooth transition for our Iris customers throughout this process. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to choose Lowe’s for your future smart home and home improvement needs.

491 REPLIES 491
Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Your website is down too! Very upset and disappointed in this shutdown. I hope that giftcard is equal to the value of the equipment we have......

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Why? What is the reason?

Frequent Contributor

Pathetic.

Iris v1 was fantastic, but your service has been a constant source of headache since the day that v2 launched. The silver lining to the fact that I have A WHOPPING TWO MONTHS to replace my entire home security system, lighting automation, smoke detector, etc. is that I can use my redemption giftcard to buy one of the many systems I've investigated since the v2 launch but couldn't justify due to how much money I had already sunk into Iris.

Lowe's botched this one. Big time. Home Depot is right across the street -- guess where I'll be shopping from now on.

Seems like your website is down already. What a disaster. Pathetic customer experience already.

Frequent Contributor

Lowes, you have really given your customers the shaft here.   Two MONTHS to be 100% off of Iris on another system?  That's really the best you can do for us?   No protection for our homes we put OUR trust in YOU for? Been a loyal Iris customer since the very beginning and have watched over the years what appears to be shooting yourselves in the foot and setting Iris up to fail.  Difficult, if not impossible to order parts.  displays in stores either not stocked, or not on display at all.  No care taken was evident.   Some of us have thousands invested in your home automation system and trusted you, and put faith in you, to keep our homes safe, and tabs on our homes.  Over the years you've taken away features that we had in V1 and never brought them back.  No energy monitoring.  No temperature monitoring.   Really in a hard spot here.  I'll remember this though when it comes to ALL of my home improvement needs and putting trust in Lowes.   Not planning to spend my $$ at Lowes.  Burn your customers once, shame on you.   Burn your customers over and over again, shame on all of us for sticking with you as long as we did.  

Sincerely, a fuming (previous) customer. 

Advanced Member

@Iris wrote:
  •  

Again, we are committed to supporting a smooth transition for our Iris customers throughout this process. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to choose Lowe’s for your future smart home and home improvement needs.

So we can only get back reimbursement for devices currently connected?  I have several devices I have as spares including a Hub.  Will I be able to add those?

Tinkerer

come on Lowes..

We too have been with you since the inception of v1, thru all the pains of the migration to v2..

we have travel plans..   we have pets,  pet sitters..  we finally have the system up and running the way that it's become part of our life now..   and you're pulling the plug on it with <2 months notice?

All my spare parts and pieces??   (that you won't bring back)

Just stocked up on replacement batteries as the devices were at the age where they were needing replacement..

Definately a HUGE let down..

It would be respectable if you could allow ~6-12 months to allow us time to transition off..

Frequent Contributor

So what are all of you looking at to move to? I definitely need home automation (lights, switches, locks), Security (cameras, motion sensors, door sensors, garage door control)

Tinkerer

Smart Things I guess?

Most of  my stuff is apparently all Iris v1 gear..  so, all my cams everything gone..