cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Rookie

Re: Lowes - How you can make it right

Did anyone notice that in the agreement they may take up to a year to get you your redemption visa?

"You agree to accept a Visa Prepaid Card as tender of your redemption, and that we may issue and initiate delivery of your Visa Prepaid Card within a reasonable period of time, which may occur after March 31, 2019 but no longer than one (1) year from the date We are able to validate your submission in its entirety"

But I've got to spend my own money in the next 2 months to secure my family again. This doesn't make sense to me.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

@thegillion wrote:

@dofdear @jaqohrts @oblvnwtnjhn @ClassAction  I have updated this site with  redemption info http://arcussmarthome.com/

Thank you for list, though I am unclear if my wireless cameras are supported by the existing alternatives? 

If I read the bottom correctly, you or a group have plans once the code goes open source? 

EDIT: I see, those are Iris like recommendations. And until the open source project is active, my Iris hub and camera are useless past the last day of support, correct? 

Again, much obliged for the info. 

@oblvnwtnjhn I know many members of the community are wanting to help with the open source project. I would hang on to the hub and the cameras can be used with BlueIris but you will need a server. 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

So BlueIris web server wouldn't work? I would have my own server running the software, essentially replacing Iris monitoring by pairing hub to BI software? I wonder how complicated and time-consuming? Right in the middle of a bathroom remodel, and the cloud product I support just now got back online after a cyber attack, so busy at work also. 

EDIT: After re-reading, I believe you're saying the cameras will work with BI. To hold onto Iris hub to see what comes down the pipeline, correct? I want to keep everything, but support hinges on open source project or one of the vendors taking the project on. As of now, no out of the box support for my system as it sits, correct? Just bits and pieces scattered support among those listed and others? 

Highlighted
Rookie

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

Yes. I am using Smartthings for two properties now. I originally used Smartthings and then switched to Iris ONLY because I liked the $10 per month option of getting an automated phone call when an alarm was triggered. Smartthings is partnered with SCOUT which only does intruder alarm monitoring, not fire / smoke. For that I would need to use A$D$T.

I was already in the process of switching back to SmartThings. All of the IRIS contact and switch devices work perfectly with Smartthings and I can reintegrate my Wemo devices which were not supported by Iris but are by Smartthings.

Advanced Member

Re: Lowes - How you can make it right

@GHillsnt wrote:

Did anyone notice that in the agreement they may take up to a year to get you your redemption visa?

"You agree to accept a Visa Prepaid Card as tender of your redemption, and that we may issue and initiate delivery of your Visa Prepaid Card within a reasonable period of time, which may occur after March 31, 2019 but no longer than one (1) year from the date We are able to validate your submission in its entirety"

But I've got to spend my own money in the next 2 months to secure my family again. This doesn't make sense to me.

I also noticed that it said a signature would be required at time of delivery.  So I put in my work address, since no one is home during the day.  I saw that statement about it taking up to a year, but I forgot we will probably be moving our office in the next few months.  So that might have been a mistake.  

I was disappointed to receive the e-mail today about the Iris Shutdown. When I checked about registering my products for the Visa Giftcard, I have six (6) smart switches and one (1) hub. However, I can only get credit for three (3) of the six switches? Invested a great deal of $$$ with Iris, hopefully most of my purchases will transfer. Have to say that Lowe's has lost my confidence.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I suppose I’ll go by 7 SmartThings hubs now... 🤦‍♂️
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I suppose I’ll go by 7 SmartThings hubs now... smh
Rookie

I bought gen 1 contact sensors and motion sensors ..... at sticker price no less. Seemed like a wonderful idea at the time. Now I have 60+ contact sensors and 10+ motion detection sensors. Most of them werent paired and were for future installation and spares. What are my options? Do I need to pair all the devices for a refund ? I dont care about the refund as much as if I can use them with another service.... Any help is appreciated. This is really a tough time to buy all new equipment for me..... What a mess!!