Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

*buy. Freaking voice to text.
Rookie

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

I'm really disappointed that Iris is being discontinued.  The system worked great for my needs. Anyway, I went to the link to get my redemtion and was only given money for the hub, keypad, and smoke detector.  Nothing else was included since according to Iris, everything else I had would work on other systems.  Well after doing some detective work, I feel we all got told a half truth!  Do the Iris door and window sensors work on Smartthings?  Well technically yes, they will send notifications to the hub, but they won't function as part of the alarm like I currently have them set on Iris.  In order to maintain having an alarm system, I now have to buy the ADT sensors for my doors and windows.  So basically I feel duped.  Do the Iris sensors work on the Smartthings platform, yes, but they don't have anywhere near the functionallity.  I'm going to have to spend a lot of my own money to replace all nine Iris sensors, so that I can maintain the same alarm functionallity with Smartthings as I had with Iris.  If Lowes really cared about not alienating their customers, they would go back and add the sensors on to the refund to both those of us who already claimed our refund money and those who yet haven't.  I really wish they could have figured out a way to save Iris.

Rookie

I don’t understand. I have 12 devices, and I only get credit for a hub and a single keypad. I have a second keypad along with several plugs, sensors, and fobs.

How do I get these items added to my gift card list? I’ve invested a lot into this system, and now I’m only being offered $140 for everything.
Rookie

2 months? Really? 2 months to find a compatible system (likely not going to happen from the research I've done thus far) to accept the myriad of sensors, locks, etc. that have been added to the Iris system. Sensors that we specifically had to buy because it "Works with Iris". As others have already pointed out, some of us have multiple locations and those locations can be hundreds or thousands of miles apart. 2 months is simply a kick in the gut to your customers when in reality, this was your fault. You got into a market space you shouldn't have been in. I was sceptical to begin with - a hardware store making technology just throws red flags. The first couple years went by, you added pro monitoring, and I thought you had it figured out. Apprently not.  Shame on you. Not for shutting down or for getting out, but for gambling on peoples wallets and then turning and running with 2 months notice. Glad Home Depot and Menards are right down the street! 

Frequent Contributor

I could not have said that any better!!  I opend my app tonight to find this information that is it shutting down!  in 2 months!!  I have over 140 devices and numerous scenes and rules to control my house and now i have 2 months to get it all moved?????  How nice of you Lowe's!  It's not like we dont have jobs and lives already going on that we have 1000's of hours to devote to this!

Frequent Contributor

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

which smarthings have you moved back to?  i understand from reading that there is an i believe Adt and by samsung?  Thanks!

Nancy

Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes - How you can make it right

Also noticed I never received the email they said they would send me so I can track the shipment of the Visa card...

Tinkerer

@BigBen89 wrote:

Also noticed I never received the email they said they would send me so I can track the shipment of the Visa card...

I got the impression the Visa cards won't get sent out until after March 31st?

Frequent Contributor

@DogDaze wrote:

@BigBen89 wrote:

I got the impression the Visa cards won't get sent out until after March 31st?

So, I guess I won't have cameras after 3/31/19 until I get my $$$ from Lowes to buy new ones. FFS.

Tinkerer

I too didn't get credit for all of my paired devices. GAG! WE WILL NEVER SHOP LOWE'S AGAIN!!!