cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Tinkerer

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

Nobody, the same as if the water heater ruptures or any other home maintenance / repair items that come up.

Highlighted
Tinkerer

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

@Pmroach24 wrote:
Really need to allow people to connect devices in order to receive fair redemption. Lowe’s just assumes most people will forget about it, not notice, or not take the time to make things right. So sad a large company is doing it this way.

they will help you with this if you call them..  you will have to accept the current redemption offer before they can create a new ticket..  then you can pair up the additional devices.. they'll come back in and manually adjust it once you have them paired..  so, that's the plan anyway..   I imagine the manual redemptions will take a while to process..  (assmuming that all happens as promised)   We could have done it all in advance had they told us up front how this was gonna work..  I think it would have been a much easier process if they had taken that approach.

Rookie

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

Yes they can. It handles multiple hubs

Tinkerer

I am stuck on doing the redemption. I am at the confirm your address for delivery of your Visa Prepaid Card screen and getting a "This Address Could Not Be Verified. Please ensure your address is correct and try again. " error.

IrisError.jpg

The phone numbers to contact support have been removed from the site, and I am afraid to get out of this screen for frear of losing it all! HELP!

Frequent Contributor

I wrote down 855-469-4747...give that a shot

Frequent Contributor

Try 1-855-469-IRIS

Frequent Contributor

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. This whole thread is very disheartening and I am very sad to see this is how society is reacting to Iris shutting down....

Technology is ever evolving and especially with home automation. As customers we will have to help work out the bugs....for any platform. Were the Iris bugs annoying? Absolutely. However it is to be expected. It's a part of buying into a new and evolving product. I have yet to see a smart home platform that is perfect.  I remember when I purchased my Iris system, I bought it because it was the ONLY platform at the time that offered home security and automation combined. 

While I am sad to see the Iris platform go, I want to remind everyone that Lowes has ALWAYS taken care of us as customers regarding the Iris system. I began my Iris system with v1 and when AlertMe required Iris to switch off of the propriety software, Lowes provided everyone with the old v1 hub a new v2 hub. Fast forward past all of the bug annoyances, the v2 conversion annoyances, and all other annoyances we've had with our systems and now Lowes is agreeing to give us our money back for the items that we had connected to our systems before the shut down message went out. Once again....taking care of us. We need to realize that as a company they DID NOT have to do this. They are doing it out of good will and also because I'm sure they realize the undertaking we will have to rebuild our systems on another platform.

Let's talk about companies screwing me that I can come up with off the top of my head:

First, I remember when Apple didn't provide support for the App store to the 3rd generation Apple TV. I had to upgrade to the Apple TV 4 if I wanted the app store and make my Apple TV fully usable. Did Apple provide that new Apple TV to me? Nope. Second, I remember when I had many Apple Airport Expresses to push music to devices with the original AirPlay. All the sudden Apple removed all support for the original AirPort Express, rendering it completely useless. I can't even be configured anymore. Did Apple give me a new Airport Express?? They sure did not. Third, Sonos added AirPlay support to only their newest speakers. Did they replace my 3 month old Play 1 speakers since they wouldn't work with AirPlay 2? Absolutely not. Does anyone else remember when ADT paid them cash to remove their unsupported 20 year old wired system and replace it with a new wireless one for free? Na, didn't happen. However, Lowes is taking my 5.5 year old **no longer supported** product and reimbursing me enough money to get a brand new product and start over. I have been given the opportunity by Lowes to replace my **edited**, buggy, never working *insert sarcasm* Iris product to something else and they are going to help me pay for it!

I'm sure this post is going to tick off a lot of people, but before people start attacking me, please give me examples of other companies that have reimbursed you for an outdated or defunct product. Another point to note, I've been reading around other forums and Reddit. People are trying to pair sensors that they purchased on clearance for $1 (their words, not mine) so that they could get the full refund amount in the gift card. That is disgusting! Also, to those folks who were in the process of switching to a different platform who are now mad that they unpaired their devices and thinks Lowes owes them money. No they do not, you were moving to a different platform anyway, by your own decision. 

This post is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or try to start an argument. However, I think that anyone posting these negative comments needs to take a deep breath and recognize Lowes for (trying) to make this better. Instead, think about the people who will need a new job, people who have kids to take care of. Nobody will ever agree with someone else 100%, but I think that we are actually pretty lucky to be receiving what we are and I fully believe that Lowes is doing their best to help people get their smart homes back up and running on a different platform. Settle down and take what they will give you.

Tinkerer

Thanks. Their records were missing a character from my address. Got it. $1230.00 coming my way to go SmartThings. WIll be buying my ST stuff from Lowes if they have it... They are doing me right with this.

Rookie

Same question.... I had a couple devices with dead batteries that didn't show up for the rebate, but identical devices with good batteries were included for the rebate. So I purchased a couple batteries, installed them, and the devices now appear on Iris, but the new devices are not included in the rebate (refreshed screen, logged in and out, etc.). I just did this five minutes ago, so I'm hoping they might show up tomorrow. I only had three devices with dead battteries, but that' still $90. WARNING -- install your batteries before checking on your rebate. 

Frequent Contributor

Probably going Arlo Ultra and their new alarm that's coming out soon if no one swoops in to support my Iris rig. 

But I agree, Lowe's gave us something, more than fair in my case. They could have been tough titt$ uncle Mitts.

They recently had a huge layoff for homerservices, my friend lost his job and is getting $7500 severance, hasn't even been there a year. 

I got a week for every year of service with my last employer. So Lowe's in my book, tries to do the right thing by it's employees and customers.