cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Sadtoseeugo-

Great argument points here! I had this feeling that someone would call me out on my Apple arguments. They definitely weren’t great by any means, but I was trying to find some kind of relation to a situation I’ve experienced with a product recently. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any examples that mirror your examples, however I know it happens. I do want to add that in response to your argument, what I’m trying to point out is that lowes is still giving money back to the customer. So in the argument of a computer where WiFi just stops working, Lowe’s is giving you the money back for your laptop. Most companies simply don’t care. It’s how business works, but I do feel like Lowe’s is making an effort to care.

With that being said, I am definitely sad to see Iris go away and anyone who does has every right to be sad. They don’t however have a right to threaten lawsuits, complain that $2,500 is not enough to get a new system up and running, nor do they have the right to complain that they aren’t getting reimbursement for the products that they purchased on clearance for $1.

I completely understand being on the fence, but we also need to give them credit for trying and not leaving everyone with thousands of dollars worth of products that are essentially bricked to never work again.
Frequent Contributor

I jist want a system that is less likely to go out of business tomorrow too. Smarthings is from Samsung, a big company so I am assuming they are aolod. I dont know abode. Is their product comparable to IRIS? Ca i do the scenes and things than Iris did? I appreciate everyone's input on this.
Rookie

I'm not happy about it but I do have to say that the redemption offered (I have about $1000.00 in equipment) came out to be about $700.00 and I believe was very generous in light of the fact that 90% of my devices will work with SmartThings.  I haven't decided what my next move will be but the SmartThings route seems a no-brainer.  I've been with Iris since the beginning and have always found the techs very helpful (if not a bit overworked).  Thanks for the opportunity and peace of mind that Iris always gave me.  Sad to see you go but life moves on...peace.

Tinkerer

I’m glad someone had the time to say this!!!!! I haven’t had time to get on till now. Yes I’m very upset that I have to switch, but not mad. I was just telling my wife yesterday this exact thought. I called customer service yesterday to straighten out my address issues and when I was done I thanked the rep for his time and told him I knew everyone there was probably getting beat up pretty bad from people and they didn’t deserve it. They have always been nice to me and they did deserve our praise for still being there to help us through this!!!!!!!!!

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Too bad about the shut down. The transition to the latest hub was difficult, but I was just telling my wife how stable things were. Wish someone had purchased it. I had premonitions long ago that they were going to abandon it. They no longer had Iris featured on the in store end caps as when it first came out.  

Frequent Contributor

Refunded Really???  I have had Iris items stop working and could get NO support what so ever from Customer Service.  AND THE FACT Lowes sold me 3 items yesterday for my system without telling me at the store is poor.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes - How you can make it right

So dissappointed in Lowes and their support of the customers that purchased their products.   

Last look I had 40 devices on my Iris Smart Home.  Guess we saw this comiing whe development and support slipped badly about a year ago

Frequent Contributor

I get the feeling this was an abrupt decision. Within 24 hours I got an email from Iris marketing pro monitoring services and then the shutdown notice.
Frequent Contributor

I'm also conserned about reimbursment for additional new Items that I purchased as extras.  I no longer have receipts (didnt figure on being shut down) and have seen no answer to what to do with them.  Lowes, you can't forget this.  

Frequent Contributor

You can take the recently purchased items back and get a refund.