cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Rookie

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

I had about a dozen devices not yet connected to my system. Is there any way to get a refund for those, too?
Frequent Contributor

@Dan87 wrote:

Definitely not receiving credit for all devices that are Iris proprietary-only.   For example, the Iris water leak sensors.  I have searched other smart home environments and can't find anyone else they're compatible with!   These are not the only device either I noticed this one after looking up the part #'s in google and seeing what compatiblity was shown.  Many showed only Iris as a compatible hub. 

Just came across your comment.  I looked up compatible devices on the Smart Things web site and the "Iris Water Leak Sensor" is listed as a compatable device.  So hopefully that helps.  

Tinkerer

@rick6633 wrote:

I'm also conserned about reimbursment for additional new Items that I purchased as extras.  I no longer have receipts (didnt figure on being shut down) and have seen no answer to what to do with them.  Lowes, you can't forget this.  

I just got a call from the Iris team regarding my open ticket on the unpaired (new) items.. new, but +90 days and don't know that the receipts exist anymore at this point.. it was my Iris misc parts stock.. including a Gen1 Outdoor Camera and 2 newer Indoor/Outdoor cams. about $645 according the prices they gave me for the same paired devices.. and the new $100 spare hub. (these were stashed for when we bought the second home.. which we've been actively looking for)
This fella today could only authorize $300 max.. not the $645. He would have had to esculate to the next level above him and there was no guarantee that they would approve.. or pay out anything.. (corporate move)

So, I reluctantly opted for the $300.. I wasn't thrilled, but figured better to have bird in hand I guess.

As for the Hub, since it was new and still in the box.. (closed package) I tried taking it to the store as they told me to do. Apparently, since it was part of another promotion, they could take it back, but give me $ZERO  for it.. Had it been hooked up, it was $100 if online.
While I didn't argue, or expect much.. I understand.. it will be a brick in <60 days.

My wife and I are in the process of redoing the kitchen.. so that $20k of new kitchen cabinents and counter tops is still out there.. we were considering Lowe's, but after the conversation with the store manager today, I'm pretty certain we're going to look elsewhere after this experience..   I don't know that he would have done anything different had I mentioned that..  (but it's not my style)

Rookie

Just got off the phone with a rep after a very long hold (be patient, they are obvioiusly swamped with this.)

If you have spare devices that were not yet paired to the system when you hit the redemption link, pair them to the system, then call the support number to have them open an escalation case for you.  They will be able to make an adjustment to your redemption.  I was told that I would have to start the redemption process for them to make the adjustment, but that I could wait for the call-back before I do that if I want.  The most important thing was that the devices need to be paired before they escalate the case.

I'm super bummed that the service is dying.  I just moved and had a stock of sensors for my new place and garage, as well as everything I have running at my mom's place, but as folks have noted, the redemption offer is pretty fair, if not outright generous.  I wish more of my devices were covered, but it's better than being left out in the cold.  For those of you who have recently purchased devices that aren't covered by the redemption, if you paid with a credit card, Lowe's should be able to take the return without a reciept (provided you can bring the card you paid with for them to lookup the transaction.)

Tinkerer

@fredthemole wrote:
I had about a dozen devices not yet connected to my system. Is there any way to get a refund for those, too?

You need to call Iris..  expect to be on hold for a while to get thru..

They had me pair everything up..   and opened a ticket for me. . but you'll need to complete the redemption process first  before they can setup the new ticket.. where they'll do the manual redemption for the other devices..   

I just noted, they called me on my ticket..  and I had $645 worth of equipment I had (a dozen devices, 3 of which were cams) and they could only offer me $300 max..   he said he could esculate to the next level up, but there was no guarentee that I would get anything..

I reluctantly opted to take the $300..  figured bird in hand at this point..  (typical corporate move..  but I guess better than nothing for items that will soon be bricks)

That new (still in the package) gen 2 hub.   I was told to take it to the store..  but the store offered me $ZERO for it since it was part of another promotional deal...    I kinda figured that was gonna happen.  But I had this slated to go into our second home when we closed the deal.. so, explains why the spare parts..   the cams, door sensors, motion sensors etc..  I'm sad it worked out this way..  I wish I had all these devices online..

Highlighted
Tinkerer

@fredthemole wrote:

Just got off the phone with a rep after a very long hold (be patient, they are obvioiusly swamped with this.)

If you have spare devices that were not yet paired to the system when you hit the redemption link, pair them to the system, then call the support number to have them open an escalation case for you.  They will be able to make an adjustment to your redemption.  I was told that I would have to start the redemption process for them to make the adjustment, but that I could wait for the call-back before I do that if I want.  The most important thing was that the devices need to be paired before they escalate the case.

I'm super bummed that the service is dying.  I just moved and had a stock of sensors for my new place and garage, as well as everything I have running at my mom's place, but as folks have noted, the redemption offer is pretty fair, if not outright generous.  I wish more of my devices were covered, but it's better than being left out in the cold.  For those of you who have recently purchased devices that aren't covered by the redemption, if you paid with a credit card, Lowe's should be able to take the return without a reciept (provided you can bring the card you paid with for them to lookup the transaction.)

Be prepared for $300 Max.. unless you want to esculate to the next team..    and that could be a much longer process.. and no

guarantee you'll get anything..   I (reluctantly) took the $300..   figured bird in hand..   I was mostly concerned about the 3 cameras..  figured the sensors were trival..

Rookie

I thought i once read that the Iris indoor/outdoor cameras work with BlueIris.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Rookie

I am a big user of the "Care" features in Iris as I am able to monitor activity in Mom's house and get notified with an automated phone call when something is not right (door opening, no motion for a period of time, emergency pendant, etc).

Does anyone know if any of the other Smart Home options being discussed have "Care" features?    Also I am looking for the ability for immediate notification with an automated phone call rather than push/text/e-mail notifications.

Thanks in advance...

@Camera Yes they do work.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Tinkerer

If you have a MyLowes account this should be all you need to prove purchase.