cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

It's shutting down!!! This really sucks because we use it to protect our family as well and it works! What a mess -- I will never forgive Lowes for this scam as long as I breath and will never purchase anrything from them. This is going to be a major hassle and I am not looking forward to it at all. The most important part of this is the control of my dog door.. it is the thing I use the most and also to control our lights and monitor for water leaks, among other things.. it has saved us many times and I have to be able to control when and where my dogs go through that door and will not be able to do that now and it is a major inconvienance and could cause one of them to be injured because her sister likes to attack her and that door and the control is how I manage those episodes -- esp when I am traveling. This is really going to be distressful and I do not think Iris realizes what this means to some people who use it for utility. I guess they do not care about us.  No money can replace the sense of well-being this gave us. F**C& Lowes! 

Frequent Contributor

I could have done a better job at running this divisions than the yahoos they had in there.. what a joke.. this is very irratating. I will never shop at that store again or will I allow my businesses to shop there. I will be making drastic changs to our company account and move that to Home Depot monday. 

Frequent Contributor

You can use ispy to connect the cameras. 

Frequent Contributor

So the news is disappointing. I see seveal problems with the current redemption offer. 

1. Devices not currently paired aren't accounted for.

2. I don't see some v2 devices like door sensors or smartplugs on the redemption list? Does that mean they are supported on another system.

3. Devices purchased specifically because they worked with the Iris Ecosystem. I have yet to find a system that will support all of these devices. (Utilitech Leak Dectors, LeakSmart Water shutoffs,  GE Switches, First Alert CO2/Smoke Detectors, Sylvania BR30 Flood Lights). . Instead waste money replacing what will work across a selected replacement system. How about providing a support matrix showing devices and potential systems. You mention Smartthings, but it doesn't appear they support many of the devices many of have (are they working to?). The best I can tell is they "might" work as generic devices, but if there are problems....... If any device works on a supported protocol (Zigbe, ZWave, Wifi, etc...) then these things should all be interchangable.

Frequent Contributor

What other system ia the moat similar to IRIS? Smarthings I've heard it does look a lot like. But I dont want to use ADT. Is the majority of you going to smarthings? I am juat waiting for my gift card. Thank you for all the comments. I really appreciate all the info.
Advanced Member

@fa56 wrote:

I am a big user of the "Care" features in Iris as I am able to monitor activity in Mom's house and get notified with an automated phone call when something is not right (door opening, no motion for a period of time, emergency pendant, etc).

Does anyone know if any of the other Smart Home options being discussed have "Care" features?    Also I am looking for the ability for immediate notification with an automated phone call rather than push/text/e-mail notifications.

Thanks in advance...

SystronicsRF is working on this, but it is not available yet.

https://www.systronicsrf.com/applications/caring-for-older-people.html

Highlighted
Rookie

Looks like that system is even compatible with the older 1st gen Iris sensors.
Tinkerer

@Gliegler wrote:
Looks like that system is even compatible with the older 1st gen Iris sensors.

This looks cool, but not in the US tho..

I'm OK with that as long as they are both secure and stable..

Would love to see them add support for the Iris Cams then too..

Beginner

There's an issue with this redemption process it's only recognizing some of my devices and they're the same devices that are being covered but a couple of them are not so how do I rectify that matter?
Frequent Contributor