cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Advanced Member

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

@Vipulrai wrote:
I was not able to connect most of my Iris items to my iPhone. It is now past 90 days.
I already applied the redemption process for the hub.
Now I have been able to attach some of them, like the Orbit watering system and plugs.
How do I add these on for redemption.
Lowe’s has refused to accept these items back.
Thanks.
Rai

If you have them connected to your hub, you need to call support and ask them to add them.  The most you will get is $300.00 unless you want to escalate it and then you will have to wait for an answer.  

I am having the same issue.  I've called, but been placed on hold until it disconnects.  I acutally installed my other window monitors a couple weeks ago.  They aren't showing up on my refund list....why??  just because I added them after they decided to shut down??  it makes no sense.  Please let me know if you have luck reaching someone.  

Tinkerer

@aaroncaserta wrote:

Yeah.. I just got an email marketing Iris to me, too. *Facepalm*

UGH!!

Opps...

Beginner

I'm asking the same question,  Can't get info on website on this , only what the will credit for whats on your system.  Lowes will not return items , and support does not answer.  I have about 250$ of things unopened that are now worhless.  They should take unopened items back  they did this !!!      Class Action lawsuit ?

Dave C

Tinkerer

I am digging into them. As I understand it, the ADT / Smartthings setup has the closest to Iris functionality and can be run self monitored. However in my case, I am going with Ring cameras, since I will be using 3 of them I am going to go with the unlimited $100.00 / year plan. 

ADT Professional monitoring is more than a little steep. For security, and saftey (add smoke, flood, and carbon monoxide monitoring) runs $35.00 / month. At that point, I'd be better off with XFINITY security.

Frequent Contributor

TP Link has a new Kasa Wireless camera upcoming Summer 2019: https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/security-cameras/kasa-smart-wire-free-camera-kc300

Free 4 days of recording, none of the other offer that. They also have a new doorbell camera and smart switch with voice assistant upcoming. 

I ahve had great success with their networking gear, running Deco 5 mesh setup now. 

Rookie

When users choose to invest in ANY cloud-based home automation, control, or camera solution this is the risk you are accepting.

You do NOT have control of your system or data. Platform updates, feature additions (or removals), botched patches, selling your private data for commercial purposes, and of course - deciding to just up and quit support are all serious risks that need to be considered prior to choosing a system for the long haul.

This situation right here is the reason that I saw the writing on the wall and decided to migrate off of Iris long ago. For me it was just shortly after Lowes decided to ship us new hubs for free. Such a nice gesture, but then they completely botched the first couple of releases which impacted many users. The users have no control over whether or not to accept the update. That was the true deal breaker. Since then, I've moved all of my automation to Home Assistant. An open-source, local first philosophy with support for cloud connected devices. While this solution is not the easiest to get started with, the community is terrific and the flexibility and openness is oh so refreshing. So far all z-wave devices work on my home assistant setup with ease, and there has been a lot of development on the zigbee front too. Check it out!

Rookie

You can connect a smart things hub as a local bridge to home assistant.

I cannot speak for your cameras, however, I have a feeling that they too would work if you can capture the stream URL.

Highlighted

I had a power  black out and half of my devices did not register with iris. I had to pair some devices all over again. When I logged into iris from my computer I noticed their was a shutdown notice on the login site. When I clicked on the  banner it had only listed the devices that that  were paired. The redemption did not show the device  that I had to pair again. Does that mean I can't get a redemption for those Items that fell off of iris? 

Advanced Member

@Calais9996 wrote:

I had a power  black out and half of my devices did not register with iris. I had to pair some devices all over again. When I logged into iris from my computer I noticed their was a shutdown notice on the login site. When I clicked on the  banner it had only listed the devices that that  were paired. The redemption did not show the device  that I had to pair again. Does that mean I can't get a redemption for those Items that fell off of iris? 

read this