cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Beginner

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

I purchased an Iris Hub and a few devices to actually use with the Hubitat Elevation Hub, I just wanted the Iris hub for device firmware updates.

Since finding out that Iris is shutting down I decided I better hurry and register the Iris Hub and update the firmware of the devices while I still could.

But, it seems that I cannot register now, the phone app only allows login and no registration.

Is there a way to register the hub still?

Beginner

So I called support and they told me that registration was completely shut down, what a shame.  Iris isn't shutting down for quite awhile, there is no good reason to shut down registration so soon.  This makes me not want to do any busy with Lowes at all, God knows how long time Iris customers feel.

I don't want to redeem anything, I just want to verify and update the firmware of these few devices I have so I don't run into old firmware issues when using them with the Hubitat Hub since it is all local.

Hopefully my devices have very current firmware or something pans out with the open sourcing of Iris.

I'm in the same boat:  Several (6 or 8) wi-fi plugs; sprinkler timer; hub, 2 cameras, and care pendant all sitting in a box not connected to my hub   : -(

Frequent Contributor

I switched two of my hubs over to SmartThings this weekend... never looking back. Their applications and hardware are solid. I was able to use my kwikset deadbolts and version 2 IRIS sensors for doors seamlessly. It also shows unlimited history, unbelievable flexibility in rules and integrations, and is faster.

Is there a monthly cost for Smart Things system or is it self monitered? I really don't want to go with ADT.

My favorite feature in Iris was the GEN 1 remote that was set up with a rule to automatically arm and disarm the system when the last remote left home or returned. I only ever had to set the alarm at night and in the morning, I don't know if I can get back in the habit of setting the alarm every time I leave the house.

I truly LOVE my Iris and can't imagine finding anything I'm gong to love as much.  I used the free service for the last couple of years and did not notice much of a difference, still got texts all day long as I opened and closed doors etc

Frequent Contributor

I’m with you. I would’ve stuck with IRIS for life.

Smart things has partnered with ADT, but if you don’t want to pay for their monthly service you can buy your own smart things stuff and manage it yourself like IRIS
Rookie

Has anyone received tracking or payment update? On January 31st, I received an automated email as to the IRIS Redemption Process Completed. It does not give me specific amounts on that email (automated email). The email states that you will receive an email with tracking information when your Visa Prepaid Card has been mailed. A signature will be required.

-It does not say UPS or USPS
-What is shortly? 1-2 weeks, months, years?

-You cannot call customer service or support in a timely manner. I have called on three different occassions and waited 25+ minutes and never reached anyone in support

To me, if Lowe's wants to cancel the system, have people who are readily available to talk and answer some of these questions. I am very untrusting right now, and need to make an effort to move toward a new system and want that card to help brace much of the expense of a new system.

I am wondering, if anyone else has received tracking and/or payment information and update?

Advanced Member

According to the information in this link, approximately 2-4 weeks after you have completed the redemption process.

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/topic/4526-redemption-timeframe/?tab=comments#comment-39487

Frequent Contributor

Can you set up different users for access to the locks? And deactivate them like with Iris.
Tinkerer

@AliBali58 wrote:

I switched two of my hubs over to SmartThings this weekend... never looking back. Their applications and hardware are solid. I was able to use my kwikset deadbolts and version 2 IRIS sensors for doors seamlessly. It also shows unlimited history, unbelievable flexibility in rules and integrations, and is faster.

Is there a monthly cost for Smart Things system or is it self monitered? I really don't want to go with ADT.

My favorite feature in Iris was the GEN 1 remote that was set up with a rule to automatically arm and disarm the system when the last remote left home or returned. I only ever had to set the alarm at night and in the morning, I don't know if I can get back in the habit of setting the alarm every time I leave the house.

I truly LOVE my Iris and can't imagine finding anything I'm gong to love as much.  I used the free service for the last couple of years and did not notice much of a difference, still got texts all day long as I opened and closed doors etc

The only system with geolocation arming that works seamlessly is Abode. If you enjoy the free service level, they give you more than Iris ever did.

https://help.goabode.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022224852-Status-Automation-Guide

SmartThings is a cool hacking device. Abode is a stable home alarm system.

Highlighted
Tinkerer

@jorhett wrote:

@AliBali58 wrote:

The only system with geolocation arming that works seamlessly is Abode. If you enjoy the free service level, they give you more than Iris ever did.

https://help.goabode.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022224852-Status-Automation-Guide

SmartThings is a cool hacking device. Abode is a stable home alarm system.

I am all for looking at other systems but I am not seeing anywhere near the device compatibility with Abode that I see with other systems.  I have many Iris and other vendor devices that I still want to use and until I see those listed, Abode isn't really a consideration for me.