cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Does anyone know the process for force resetting a Radio thermostat CT101?  I removed if from Iris and added it to Hubitat.  It seemed to take but then I reloaded the entire Z-Wave component because I was having issues with the Utilitech leak detectors. 

That removed all of my Z-Wave devices and now it seems like the thermostat still thinks it is paired with the hubitat even though it doesn't show so I need to do a hard reset on it.  I have tried a few things but none of them are working.  Thanks.

Tinkerer

@Kato , I believe that is correct.  I unpaired them just in case one of the many platforms comes up with something.  If you don't unpair them, they are definitely bricked.  As per Iris tech support, anyway.  

Frequent Contributor

Yes, same here.  I am keeping them in the event someone is able to sort them out.  Same with the Gen1 devices - not throwing those out just yet either.

I know Systronics says they already have the Gen1 devices working but I am thinking that maybe, maybe once it goes open source, others will be able to get them to connect.

Highlighted
Tinkerer

@rdisom wrote:

@Kato , I believe that is correct.  I unpaired them just in case one of the many platforms comes up with something.  If you don't unpair them, they are definitely bricked.  As per Iris tech support, anyway.  

Is there a difference between unpairing them, and removing them from the App?

Tinkerer

No.  If you remove them through the app or website, they should be good to go.  I have moved a couple between 2 accounts this way.  There is a "reset" process of some sort, but I couldn't get it to work unless I removed it from the account.  I got a store return once that could not be reset.  I kept getting a message popup that it was already to linked to an account.  Iris support said I could return it to the store for a refund, but I ended up tossing it since I purchased it on clearance. 

Tinkerer

Is professional monitoring still avaible during February and March or has that been cancelled? I'm ususally billed around the first but that hasn't happened. I'm switching to ST/ADT but if I can get one more month of professional monitoring for $13.46, that would be great. 

Advanced Member

@Kato wrote:

Does anyone know the process for force resetting a Radio thermostat CT101? 

If I remember right there is a reset button under the top cover.  I left my CT101 in my last house and I believe that is what I did to reset it, but it's been a few months.   I am pretty sure a goggle search will get you the exact process though.

Tinkerer

The shutdown announcement said that monthly charges would end January 31st.  I didn't see anything about continuing monitoring services.

Frequent Contributor

@rdisom wrote:

No.  If you remove them through the app or website, they should be good to go.  I have moved a couple between 2 accounts this way.  There is a "reset" process of some sort, but I couldn't get it to work unless I removed it from the account.  I got a store return once that could not be reset.  I kept getting a message popup that it was already to linked to an account.  Iris support said I could return it to the store for a refund, but I ended up tossing it since I purchased it on clearance. 

With the exception of a Hub I bought that had already been used and the Radio thermostat I am currently having issues with (still haven't given up on that one yet), I have been able to hard reset every device, even ones that I bought that were returns to Lowes.  There are youtube videos on how to do most of these on the IrisByLowes channel.

Frequent Contributor

@Terminal wrote:

@Kato wrote:

Does anyone know the process for force resetting a Radio thermostat CT101? 

If I remember right there is a reset button under the top cover.  I left my CT101 in my last house and I believe that is what I did to reset it, but it's been a few months.   I am pretty sure a goggle search will get you the exact process though.

Yes, I tried that too.  It reset the whole thermostat with the exception of the ZWave readio.  I have done Google searches already and tried most of the recommendations.  I have an email into Radio support to see if they have any ideas as well.