cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Advanced Member

Re: Iris Compatible Solutions

@ryandatl wrote:

Hours of researching alternatives, here's what I've come up with in terms of IRIS products compatibility. Anyone have any thoughts or anything I left out? If you reply to this thread, I'll check periodically and update with your research, too. Many thanks. Nothing compares to IRIS, as we're seeing.

IRIS 2-13-19.png

Even though it is not available yet, the developers of SystronicsRF have plans to checkoff the majority of the boxes on your spreadsheet.

https://www.systronicsrf.com/

Advanced Member

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Iris hasn't even been around for 9 years and it has never had geofencing. Geofencing requires GPS which Iris has never had. Iris used what they refered to as "Presence" in thier keyfobs to determine if you had left your house or not. The way this worked is the hub would send out a ping to the keyfob every 2 minutes and expect a response back. If it did not get a response back 5 times in a row it would change the status of the keyfob to "Left". Once the hub was able to ping the fob again it would change the status to "Arrive". This is why it wouldn't report you as being away until 10 minutes after you left. Since the majority of Iris users utilized smartphones they could have developed the app to use the GPS function in the phone, but this apparently wasn't high on thier priority list.
Tinkerer

Regarding smarthings: Rachio and first alert both work with Smartthings. I have them connected and working, currently.
Tinkerer

@ryandatl wrote:

Hours of researching alternatives, here's what I've come up with in terms of IRIS products compatibility. Anyone have any thoughts or anything I left out? If you reply to this thread, I'll check periodically and update with your research, too. Many thanks. Nothing compares to IRIS, as we're seeing.

IRIS 2-13-19.png

your chart is wrong! Smarthings supports IFTtT - Smart Plugs - keypads - (pretty much all zigbee devices). 

Frequent Contributor

@thegillionDo you have a github repo for what you are doing? Are you accepting dev help?

Advanced Member

Wink supports IFTTT, as well as all 3 GE z-wave switches.  Dimmer, on/off, and fan switches.

@coder Once the code gets released it will go here. The Iris devs are working on it right now. https://github.com/arcus-smart-home

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Tinkerer

Gillion when you get this up and running will all gen 1 devices work?? ie gen 1 keypad and all sensors??
Highlighted
Tinkerer

@ryandatl wrote:

IRIS 2-13-19.png

For Hubitat, Google Home appears to be supported, Rachio Irrigation is supported, Utilitech siren is supported, Radio Thermostat is supported (I have put this in place and can confirm).  As far as the 1st Gen Iris, I don't see this on the official list of supported items (Hubitat Supported Devices). 

Here is a screenshot of all Iris supported devices on Hubitat:

Hubitat supported devices.JPG

I have currently migrated the 3210-L Outlets, Sylvania BR30 Bulbs, 3326-L Motion Sensor, Utilitech Leak detectors, Iris water sensors, and Radio Thermostat.

Tinkerer

While the First Alert smoke detectors work with the regular smartthings, they can not be used to trigger ADT alert events with the ADT smartthings.