cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Tinkerer

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

@thegillion wrote:

Vista Cards are on the way 

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Technology-Other-News/Visa-cards-Refund/m-p/7008#M184

Thank you!!  I trust and hope you are right..   =)

Tinkerer

@thegillion wrote:

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Technology-Other-News/Visa-cards-Refund/m-p/7008#M184

I'm curious about the Iris Web Portal..

http://iriswebportal.com/

Is this new going forward and are we open to setup accounts and login??

EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured it out.. and even remembered my old credentials..    DAH!

Tinkerer

How is Abode not just as much a tinker toy as Smartthings?  

@jorhett wrote:

@rlowery78 wrote:

I think those of you whom are comparing the "Iris Smart Home"  as just another type of technology are mising the sales point of Iris to begin with. SAFETY and SECURITY. This is just what Lowe's sold the system to us as. Not just a gadgety - gimicky - **edited** **edited** that will scratch our technology itch - like those computers or what have you previoulsy listed. IRIS was more than that... Lowe's sold us a bill of goods that they were not willing to uphold (safety and security). 

If you want security, avoid the tinker toys (SmartThings, et al) and go with a security company: Abode

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.21.34 PM.png

Tinkerer

@thegillion wrote:

Hopefully they will show up soon! 

I know I can't speak for everyone, or even anyone else here, but my ideal would be to have the cloud / software functions of Iris go open source, and maybe get some sort of firmware flash for our hubs to point to the new location, and of course, ring integration...  I've said it before, I will say it again, I don't want to redo my whole system, but my cameras do stink...

Highlighted
Tinkerer

I just got the email that my card has shipped with the tracking number.

It did show that this one is only for the original amount, not the additional devices that were offline when they did the original scan of my equipment.

Tinkerer

Didn't get an email but logged back into my account and clicked the red banner at the top. Scrolled to the bottom and found my tracking number. Also having a Thursday delivery. 

Tinkerer

@BigHoss

Ditto this:
(except, I kinda like my existing Cam's, especially now since they have audio now too)

I know I can't speak for everyone, or even anyone else here, but my ideal would be to have the cloud / software functions of Iris go open source, and maybe get some sort of firmware flash for our hubs to point to the new location, and of course, ring integration... I've said it before, I will say it again, I don't want to redo my whole system, but my cameras do stink...
Frequent Contributor

I'm not entirely sure if they'll keep working once they turn off the service, but all the Iris cameras can be accessed locally. Right now, I have my 4 cameras recording all movement to an old desktop running ispy. When you look at your cameras in the online portal it gives you the local link. I'm assuming that as long as you get that link (and keep up to date on IP changes), you should be able to record the cameras locally after the shutdown. 

Rookie

My prepaid visa card came today ($670). It is valid for one year.

Tinkerer

Further proof not to trust Nest/Google: Nest camera mics not announced