cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Highlighted
Tinkerer

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

@jplod32 wrote:

I'm assuming that as long as you get that link (and keep up to date on IP changes), you should be able to record the cameras locally after the shutdown. 

I don't have the cameras so I don't know what you are looking at but if you are referring to the local IP address of the camera, you should be able to do a reservation in your home router for the cameras so their IP address doesn't change.  Your router admin console will vary by the manufacturer but you should just need the mac address of the camera which is likely on the bottom of the camera base.  Put that in and do a reservation for the current IP and it won't change in the future as long as you use the same router and the config doesn't get corrupted.

Tinkerer

@oblvnwtnjhn wrote:

Further proof not to trust Nest/Google: Nest camera mics not announced

Ditto.  Google is on my list of "Never Trust" companies.  I switched my search engine to Duckduckgo and only use google when I have to.

Rookie

So those of us that bought our hubs and had been buying other items as they were on sale...and never have opened account on the app are out in the cold?!   Bought my hub over 6 months ago...other hardware l think that l can use, but the hub l am out?  

Not a great pr move Lowe’s!

Rookie

Was emailed to call in, worthlessness call.  No accommodations for those of us with product and un resisterred hub still in the box...why were stores still selling product in December and even last month with no warning that the system was being pulled out from under the customers?

@Gamsnc wrote:

So those of us that bought our hubs and had been buying other items as they were on sale...and never have opened account on the app are out in the cold?!   Bought my hub over 6 months ago...other hardware l think that l can use, but the hub l am out?  

Not a great pr move Lowe’s!

Rookie

I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure any of this out.  You seem to have a handle on some of this.  If you have any idea where I can go to get help, I would really appreciate some insight.  I have called Support, and they are no help.  They don't really care, because Lowe's is dumping their jobs with barely any notice as well. 

I am truly lost.  I have almost all first generation (?) equipment, most of which hasn't worked in a couple years or more.  I have just spent 3 hours changing batteries and cables trying to get them all to pair.  The only things the site recognizes is the Iris Hub as far as the refund.  I have the hub, an indoor camera, an outdoor camera, a keypad, a smart switch, a motion sensor and two contact sensor.  NONE OF THESE WILL PAIR.... Is that their plan?  Since none of these are paired items, I get no credit for them? 

It is ironic that the only things that are working with the hub is a First Alert Smoke Detector and an American Radio Thermostat...neither of which is an Iris product.  I bought a Smart Things Hub, since I have a Samsung phone.  I don't know if any of my devices will pair with the new hub, but I'm going to give it a try.  I have a new Arlo camera coming.  I use an Arlo system elsewhere and I love it.  Just feel like everyone else who is getting royally shafted by this whole situation.  Is it their plan to stiff us for all this equipment that NEVER worked after they did the new platform?  I appreciate whatever help or direction you can lend me.  

Tinkerer

@rdoyle wrote:

I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure any of this out.  You seem to have a handle on some of this.  If you have any idea where I can go to get help, I would really appreciate some insight.  I have called Support, and they are no help.  They don't really care, because Lowe's is dumping their jobs with barely any notice as well. 

I am truly lost.  I have almost all first generation (?) equipment, most of which hasn't worked in a couple years or more.  I have just spent 3 hours changing batteries and cables trying to get them all to pair.  The only things the site recognizes is the Iris Hub as far as the refund.  I have the hub, an indoor camera, an outdoor camera, a keypad, a smart switch, a motion sensor and two contact sensor.  NONE OF THESE WILL PAIR.... Is that their plan?  Since none of these are paired items, I get no credit for them? 

It is ironic that the only things that are working with the hub is a First Alert Smoke Detector and an American Radio Thermostat...neither of which is an Iris product.  I bought a Smart Things Hub, since I have a Samsung phone.  I don't know if any of my devices will pair with the new hub, but I'm going to give it a try.  I have a new Arlo camera coming.  I use an Arlo system elsewhere and I love it.  Just feel like everyone else who is getting royally shafted by this whole situation.  Is it their plan to stiff us for all this equipment that NEVER worked after they did the new platform?  I appreciate whatever help or direction you can lend me.  

I had about twenty 1st gen devices and all of them paired with my 2nd gen hub.  Have you tried doing a factory reset on those
?   As far as getting credit for them, since they were not connected to your hub when lowes did their initial scan, you must call into their help line and you will have to pair them in order to get any kind of credit.  The most you will likely get is $300 extra since they weren't in the initial scan.

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

For those who got them, out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your cards? I'm at 3 weeks now.
Advanced Member

I received my first card after 19 days.  The other 2 showed up at 21 days.  I completed the redemption process same day for both systems.

Rookie

How do I track my redemption refund?