cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Tinkerer

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

They handle Ecobee and Nest Thermostats.

My V2 & V3 smart plugs, Utilitech siren (setup in CUE program - very easy), First alert fire/co detectors were re-usable.

The Keypads and Door Contacts do not work. 

Alexa works with it also. They also just updated compatible device list on the website. GOABODE.COM

I bought my first kit to try as a replacement for IRIS and was so happy with it I now am up to my 4th system that I have installed. The one shortcoming of the system is you can't monitor multiple places from 1 app/web page. You need to sign on and off. You can go through their IFTTT tab to get calls for alarms from other places so that works for me.    

Tinkerer

@Rickmc wrote:

I need keypads and I have version 1 so mine will not work anywhere.  version 2 may work but not for sale!  So from what I'm gathering (correct me if I'm wrong)

Check Ebay.  I just bought a v3 new in the box for $23 shipped.  Might have gotten lucky with that one but i have seen plenty of v2 keypads on ebay.
Tinkerer

Rickmc

I just need to correct your assertion on the ADT smart things set up you do not have to have paid monitoring services I am self monitoring. With self monitoring and ADT tools installed I can use my Iris 2nd generation sensors no problem. The reason I opted for the ADT version of the system was in case I wanted to go with paid monitoring in the long run I felt the ADT monitoring was the best.
Tinkerer

Rickmc

I just need to correct your assertion on the ADT smart things set up you do not have to have paid monitoring services I am self monitoring. With self monitoring and ADT tools installed I can use my Iris 2nd generation sensors no problem. The reason I opted for the ADT version of the system was in case I wanted to go with paid monitoring in the long run I felt the ADT monitoring was the best.

It really does seem like With your requirements you should be seriously considering the ADT smart things set up it has the keypad on the hub which allows for 3rd party access or phone less access the only requirement you had that I don't think it does is the website. And honestly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if here on a mobile device then you can use the app and if you have to sit down on a desktop that's gonna be in the location why not just use the keypad to arm and disarm?
Frequent Contributor

hi,

Can you advise, is there a way to check whether/when my redemption card has/will be issued ?

Lots of people seem to be dealing with their cards, - at least they have received theirs !! 

I am not at my home address so really need to understand the situation please.

Advanced Member

@BigHossNo document that I'm aware of but here are the basic steps I'd take:

1. In the ST classic app click on Automation at the bottom
  2. Choose the SmartApps tab at the top
  3. Scroll to the bottom and choose +Add a SmarApp
  4. Scroll to the bottom and choose +More
  5. Scroll to the bottom and choose Virtual Device Creator
  6. Choose Virtual Switch for the device type
  7. Choose your hub in the optional field
  8. And enter a name like VS Alarm Activated or whatever you want to call it
  9. Choose Save at the top, you should now have a new Virtual device under the My Home->Things tab
  10. Choose Dashboard from the bottom
  11. Click Smart Home Monitor (if you haven't set it up yet you can find it in SmartApps->+Add a SmartApp->SmartThings Recommends
  12. Choose the gear in the upper right corner
  13. Choose Security then Next through the Away and Home sensor screens to the Notification screen and choose Alert with Lights
  14. Choose Select Lights and select your new virtual switch so it will turn on when the alarm is activated
  15. Choose Done, Save, Save, decide if you want to add it to your Smoke or Leaks (if you have them) alarms as well and Choose Save to complete the SHM changes
  16. From the IFTTT app choose My Applets and click the + in the upper right corner to create a new Applet
  17. click +this and search for and choose SmartThings and type in your SmartThings credentials if you haven't already joined the two, this will create a SmartApp in SmartThings where you will choose to add new switches in the future or if you have already joined the two go to that SmartApp now to make the new vitual switch available to IFTTT.
  18. Choose Switched on for the trigger in IFTTT and choose your virtual switch and click Create Trigger
  19. Next click +that and choose search for and choose Phone Call and setup your mobile phone if you haven't then choose to Create action
  20. That should call you when the alarm is activated, you may want to automate the virtual switch getting reset to off via your I'm Back Routine or some other way so you don't foget it on.
Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Rookie

Arcus open source now available

It does appear that all of the open source software is now available!  Now the question is "what to do with it?"

Can I load it on a linux machine and use it as is, or does something else have to happen?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Arcus open source now available

Well, what did you find?  There are two or three layers to the SW that I can think of--

1  The code that runs on the hub

2  The code that runs on the cloud servers that talks to hubs

3  The code that runs on the cloud servers that serves up irisbylowes.com

4  Possibly another batch of code that runs under the user's browser

5  Oh, yea, the mobile apps...

To get things running after 4/2/2019, I would expect you would have to convince your hub (codebase 1) to contact a different cloud server.

At the same time you would need to run a version of codebase 2 on a server someplace.

Finally, you would need cadebases 3 and 4 running and communicating with codebase 2 to serve up the web UI pages.

Of course all of that involves some server certificates to allow the various SSL connections.  I think this might take a while....

Rookie

Cannot use giftcard, does not come with a pin. This is a bunch of **edited** waste Iris needs to fix this mess. System never worked and now the messly 140 on giftcard you cant even use.

Rookie

How do I unpair my devices to migrate to Smart things