cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

@accessdenied79 , did you setup you Utiletech Detectors to automatically shutoff the LeakSmart Cut-in Valve?  Just want to make sure all the funtions are there with SmartThings.  I basically have the same devices as you listed...thanks for posting.

Tinkerer

Yes I did.  If a leak is detected it will shut off my cutoff valve.  This is done in the dashboard tab in SmartThings.

Frequent Contributor

One thing I don't think ST does though is handle the self test of the valve. This is super important as a friend who has the Leaksmart valve on ST found out...since there were no events the valve nover moved, then when he tried to close it for some work he was doing it could barely move. 

Frequent Contributor

I switched two of my hubs over to SmartThings this weekend... never looking back. Their applications and hardware are solid. I was able to use my kwikset deadbolts and version 2 IRIS sensors for doors seamlessly. It also shows unlimited history, unbelievable flexibility in rules and integrations, and is faster.
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure Iris was doing any self test...or at least it didn't notify me.  Is it safe to say that I should periodically close and open the valve just to keep it loose?  

Frequent Contributor

aaroncaserta.......thank you for your update.....I was so thrown off guard by this whole thing!  I had seen any of this talk becuase I didnt go the forums all the time....I use my iris extensively on my phone....my whole house is literally controlled by my  phone and rules and scenes!... my husband jokes that if something happens to me he would have to sell the house because he could turn on a light!  He is very untechhie!

I was looking where to go and there were reviews for smart things and wink and some others....had just aabout decided that smart things was the way to go and started reading the amazon reviews and thought d@mn....now what????  Thank you for sharing your experience.... i have over 140 devices and i want a good alterative since there is not much time to get this done and have been out sick for a month with pneumonia....this was not welcome news!!  Did you go with the smart things hub 2 or hub 3?  Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

I went to Best Buy and bought what they had in stock which happened to be version three hubs. Right now they have a bundle deal where if you buy a hub and a sensor you get $20 off. So I saved 40 bucks and did two transactions for two hubs / two sensors. Good luck
Rookie

Going with Smart Things and SmartThings with ADT for security (not sure if I am going to have it monitored but it will be ready to do when I decide) as I already have Arlo cameras and it works with them.  Already bought everything as Best Buy had a bunch of stuff on sale last week and Amazon for the SmartThings ADT system.

Rookie

I have 2 thermostats for my HVAC will they work as a statnd alone after the shut down ? alos can I use them with a different system so I can control them from my phone ? if yes which one ?

Tinkerer

@amihays wrote:

I have 2 thermostats for my HVAC will they work as a statnd alone after the shut down ? alos can I use them with a different system so I can control them from my phone ? if yes which one ?

Yes and yes. The thermostats are zwave so they can be paired to another system like SmartThings, etc.