cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Rookie

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown. Needing advice

Yes I have 6 of the Iris smart plugs brand new I had gotten still in the package, so I try to do the redeeming matter on there site and it does nothing so what should I do. Any advice?

Tinkerer

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown. Needing advice

If you have the receipt, you can take them back to Lowe's if within 90 days..
If v2 smart plugs they won't give you anything since they work with other hubs..
if v1 you'll have to call Lowe's Iris and set up a ticket.. they'll ask you to pair them up.. so they can see them online.. then they'll negotiate up to $300 max. since they weren't online prior to 1/31.
Rookie

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Has anyone been notified of shipped gift cards? Wondering if they ship UPS or USPS since a signature is required.

Advanced Member

When I was on with support this morning getting my additional $300.00, I asked about possibly changing the address my cards were being shipped to.  I gave them my work address since it required a signature, but now I am worried it it takes too long we may not be in this office then.  The support person said it was not possible at this point to change my address but I could contact the USPS after I get my email and tracking number see if I can make arrangement with them.  So he seemed to think it would be with the USPS.

Tinkerer

Grateful I am getting paid value and a little extra. Two of my wireless cams are requiring charging every 3 days now....and it's in the 60's. 

They're not even 2.5 months old.... These two have always ran low quicker than the 3rd, I should have gotten them replaced before this fall out. 

Once support shuts down, I may try to replace the batteries myself since they can be used with Blue Iris and iSpy. 

Frequent Contributor

Can I buy the smarthings devices and the ADT panel to control while not having professionally monitored? I just dont want to pay $25 per month as of yet.

We have bought many devices from IRIS for security and to control our lights and plug ins. The little $100 card doesn’t really help what I’ve spent on your system. How can I be adequately compensated?
Frequent Contributor

Dear Lowes,

Getting a little push back from the decision to quit?  Well why am I still receiving emails solicitaions for Premium Service?  Guess the company is attempting to pour salt into the wounds of it's customers.  I will tell you as an individual I promise to minimize if not totally discountiue being a Lowes customer.  Once paid I'm cancelling our Lowes credit card and closing our online account.  While sometimes Home Depot is more difficult to deal with they have never treated us this badly and we feel valued as their customer.  Even Sears, while going through bankrupcy has done better.  Lowes, your business practices should become the subject of Marketing School curriculm of what not to do to your customer base.  BillyBob 

Frequent Contributor

Yeah.. I just got an email marketing Iris to me, too. *Facepalm*

Rookie

I was not able to connect most of my Iris items to my iPhone. It is now past 90 days.
I already applied the redemption process for the hub.
Now I have been able to attach some of them, like the Orbit watering system and plugs.
How do I add these on for redemption.
Lowe’s has refused to accept these items back.
Thanks.
Rai