cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Tinkerer

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

yes, ditto here too..

Spare hub for future second home..

a couple spare cams..   (for the second home)

spares sensors and smart plugs etc.

I have several purchased over the years in my spare parts drawer.. so I could all as needed and I didn't have to run out all the time to purchase additional.

Rookie

I have the same question. I have a bunch of outlets and smart buttons I haven't connected, but are over 90 days old. Can we be reimbursed for those too or are we just stuck with them? I've been on hold trying to figure it out for 20+ minutes.

Tinkerer

once we stop thru the redemption process, does our system bite the dust or will it continue to operate until March 31st?

I have been trying to follow the online submission for prepaid lowes card, but keep getting:

"The address could not be verified. Please ensure your address is correct and try again." error when trying to submit.

This is my business address and receive many shipments to this address daily. I have been on hold trying to talk to anyone for the last hour with no response.

What am I supposed to do here??

Tinkerer

yes, IDK...

mine are definately + 90 days old..  

I still have v1 parts still new in the package..  but receipts long gone.

I was hopeful they would have someone step in as a buyer and keep this system afloat.

Frequent Contributor

Truly sorry tp hear of this news, I've rarely had an issue wih the system and I've been on board since it first came out which has got to be at least 10 years ago.  I appreciate that Lowes is making me whole by rebating the cost of all equipment  that is compatable only with IRIS and I have already applied for my Visa card. Now the search begins to find  a new system that has a remote that autmatically arms and disarms when last remote leaves the house, `my daughter has Simplisafe and it does not have this wonderful feature.

I'm very satisifed with my rebate amount, thanks Iris for all the years of protection , some of them on the free service, that's probabaly where you made your mistake, the free service was just as good as the monitered.

Frequent Contributor

I has that issue, th only difference was that I did not use the zip plus 4  code and once I clicked on their suggestion it went right throught

If the address you are using is not where the equipment is registered, then that could also be the problem

Rookie

I also have several devices that are not currently set up on my account. If I set them up now will I get the redemtion. If not how do I get the redemption for these devices? 

Frequent Contributor

I have 7 properties. Just wow.

image1.jpeg

This is unbelievable. I have 7 properties using Iris separated by thousands of miles; one of which I just set up for my parents as a Christmas gift. How am I supposed to mitigate the impact of this severe decision in 60 days? I have been pitching Lowe's Iris to friends and family for years, and now this...

The redemption policy is helpful, but the impact of this decision for me, and presumably many other users, is substantial loss of time and money as I scramble to adapt. After travel, time, wasted vacation days, etc., I'm looking at many thousands more than the $2136 redemption visa card you've offered me. 

I get it -- the smart home business model was no longer viable/profitable for you and you're pulling the plug --  It's just business. I'm sure you did your cost-benefit analysis a long time ago which lead to killing Iris. But the 60 day notice is insulting and inadequate. I was a very loyal Lowe's customer that spent a lot of money in your stores, and only a small percentage of my purchases were for Iris products. This will impact your overall bottom line... but I'm sure you know that...

A byproduct of this decision is the permanent loss of my business.

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

I hope this site helps http://arcussmarthome.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal