cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Frequent Contributor

Re: I have 7 properties. Just wow.

It does. Thank you.

Lowe's also announced Iris will be open source at some point soon, and be named "Arccus". I suppose that is the foreshadowing "Something is coming..." message on that site.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

What brand are you going to switch to? I'm looking for something similar.

Rookie

Wondering the same. I have MANY items I never connected yet, all past 90 days, a hub that I didnt connect as well. I can't even get into my account right now. Not even the forgot password routine is working. 

Frequent Contributor

posted this in other thread as well.

Be sure you connect any devices to iris that you want to have connected BEFORE you follow the link to the redemption page.

It goes through the devices you have that are eligible for redemption, and kicks out a number for how much they'll reimburse you to help ease the cost of transitioning.

actually really good prices, especially if you bought most of it on clearance. And it may have a predetermined cutoff date for when it will give a redemption for the device. I just know I had one heater not connected when I went through the site, then I backed out and connected the device, logged out and back in and it didn't add any redemption for the second heater. 

ALSO, just got off the phone with samsung smartthings ADT and the ADT hub will also not work with any of the iris motion or contact sensors in a coming update. They are kicking it off of that service, and while the devices may connect to the service, they won't have any functionality. That's what the telephone representative told me they had just learned about today as well

About to call the line they gave me for the non ADT version of the samsung smartthings hub. will report back what I learn.

(still on hold with the other samsung number they gave me)

Frequent Contributor

Wow, just wow.... 

Really, only 2 months? 

Why doesn't Lowes just go ahead and do an ad campaign like the stupid one Gillette just did to further insult their primary customer base?

Honestly, if my V1 sensors and cameras could have some firmware updates to work with SmartThings, I would be happy to toss my V2 hub and keypad and just jump on SmartThings now. The V2 stuff, and the Utilitech sirens all work with ST.

Tinkerer

I only wish I had saw this post 2 hours ago..

I have 2 brand new Iris Cams still in the OB...   and serveral contact and motion sensors sill in the blister packs..   but I clicked on the link when I got the email..   (trying to figure out what they were telling me)

for that I am sick

Tinkerer

waiting to get home tonight to try adding a few, but I think that option is toast now

@DogDaze wrote:

I only wish I had saw this post 2 hours ago..

I have 2 brand new Iris Cams still in the OB...   and serveral contact and motion sensors sill in the blister packs..   but I clicked on the link when I got the email..   (trying to figure out what they were telling me)

for that I am sick

Frequent Contributor

How about the I TOLD YOU SO over a year ago. How could you f*** your customers this badly ? 

Frequent Contributor

Dburton713--

Be sure you connect any devices to iris that you want to have connected BEFORE you follow the link to the redemption page.

I think it doesn't matter when you follow that link.  Just by chance I paried a V1 door sensor (DWS-901) this morning.  Although I have 2 others that they offered $23 each, the newly paired sensor does not show up.  Neither do the 2 WiFi smart switches that I paired after the fact.

So my assumption is that they took a snapshot of the database sometime overnight/early 1/31. Anything paired after the snapshot doesn't "count".

Frequent Contributor

I am getting back $750 for V2 hub kit, 3 cameras, motion sensor, door sensor, about $50 more than I paid as most was on sale during Christmas. I have Utilitech siren and another sensor to return within 90 day frame. Their offer is fair, but bummed. Two of the cameras do keep discharging faster as the weeks go by.....

So brings me back, which system now? I chose Iris as they seemed the least intrusive, I don't trust Google/Nest of Amazon/Blink with my data. Chances are the same will happen to Arlo down the road and the other smaller, niche vendors. Unless I go back with a Swann and my own server setup.