cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Advanced Member

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

If it's Zigbee just go to the more tab of the device and choose remove and it should remove.

If it's Z-Wave do the same but then you will have to push the connect button (top part of a GE switch, button between the batteries on the siren, option 7 I think on a Schlage lock [look up how to do that in the lock directions]) and it should say a device was removed.

If you are close enough to the hub when removing devices you should hear a beep, if the device is too far away from the hub you may have trouble unpairing it and start with the devices furthest from your hub to try to keep from having to drag the hub everywhere.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Tinkerer

@rramponi wrote:

How do I unpair my devices to migrate to Smart things

You need to understand my recommendation here takes your Iris offline prior to having SmartThings online. And I am going to show you how to do this from the web interface, not the mobile app...

#1. Verify the devices you want to migrate over are compatible with Smartthings. Typically speaking, 2nd generation sensors etc... are compatible, obviously the hub not so much.

#2. Log into your Iris dashboard.

#3. Click on Devices tab on the top banner.

#4. Select the triple dot menu of the device you want to remove (in my screenshot, I am removing Camera 3. NOTE: My devices are powered down, the app WILL complain! It is better to remove the devices powered ON.

#5. Select REMOVE DEVICE from bottom of pop up box.

#6. Select YES, REMOVE DEVICE from Are you sure? prompt.

#7. Select FORCE REMOVE. NOTE: This step is where it complains because I didn't have the camera online. If your devices are online and powered on you won't see this.

#8. You will be dropped back to the devices screen now with the removed device gon

Following the instructions available via the Youtube videos, perform a factory reset of your devices prior to trying to pair them in Smartthings.

Using the Smartthings Classic App, and I can only discuss this on Android, Tap My Home, and on the Things tab, scroll to the bottom, and tap Add A Thing Hit the plus sign, select Add Device Manually, and under All Categories, select the device type, then make and model, and then connect now. 

One thing I have noted, it never seems to complete, and I back up to the prior screen after about 30 seconds, and the pairing is ready for me to name the devices. Go figure...

Sorry, no screenshots for pairing to Smartthings, I already added my Iris devices that I could and don't want to redo it all over again...

Step1.pngStep2.pngStep3.pngStep4.pngStep5.pngStep6.png

Rookie

Hello, As we attempt to migrate to other devices including Arlo and Ring cameras, Smartthings hub, we are realizing how good we had it with the Iris app and devices. I keep getting disconnected from Smarthings, setting rules is very limited and many other issues.
Just wanted you to know that the other systems we no match for ease of use, video quality and stability. It's unfortunate no one was willing to pick it up (purchase) the rights. I suspect it was expensive to maintain and not profitable. Goodbye Iris support and devices. "You" are appreciated for what you were.

Frequent Contributor

@kenhug1954 you don't need a pin.  The website says to simply hit OK or the green button on the keypad when prompted for a pin during checkout.  I would read the terms of use if you havn't already.  

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for info not sure if ill use smart things but at least ill have that option if I've removed before shutdown
Beginner

I Have a Lowes IRIS enabled Water Softener 46k.

Will it stop working after IRIS is shutdown?

Can I still operate it without the IRIS Wi-Fi feature?

Community Manager

@ghynson wrote:

I Have a Lowes IRIS enabled Water Softener 46k.

Will it stop working after IRIS is shutdown?

Can I still operate it without the IRIS Wi-Fi feature?

It will just work as a "dumb" water softener - it will keep softening your water, just won't have any smart internet features.

Rookie

My card was recieved and was signed for by my wife but we lost it, is there a way it can be reissued.
Tinkerer

@wjsturm wrote:

Hello, As we attempt to migrate to other devices including Arlo and Ring cameras, Smartthings hub, we are realizing how good we had it with the Iris app and devices. I keep getting disconnected from Smarthings, setting rules is very limited and many other issues.
Just wanted you to know that the other systems we no match for ease of use, video quality and stability. It's unfortunate no one was willing to pick it up (purchase) the rights. I suspect it was expensive to maintain and not profitable. Goodbye Iris support and devices. "You" are appreciated for what you were.

@wjsturm  yes, I agree 110%    Iris was easy for most folks to use and did a great job once they got v2 to be stabil.  It helped make our lives better, easier and more secure..   Regardless of the redemption, I'm still bitter about it.   we purchased Lowe's because we thought of all the options, it was the one most likely to be around for the long haul..  we invested a lot of $$, a lot of time to get it setup and working only to have it go away....    we did all this to help make our lives easier, be more secure..  look in on beloved family and pets, pet sitters etc.   We bought it to automate our homes to make life easier..     not go back 5 years in time only to start over from scratch..   a HUGE disappointment and let down.  I don't see why they didn't just leave it run even if untouched as it was..   it couldn't have been that big a deal so as to have to pull the plug.   I would love it to wake up on April 1st only to see them say that it was just an April Fools thing.. 

Thanks for all the help here everyone..    still looking for a camera solution that would offer similar functionality as what we are about to loose in 3 days..    I've not had much luck opening up any ports on our ATT router...   I'm thinking it's more involved than most of us novice folks are comfortable with.   Cya All!!

Frequent Contributor

If you have first-gen Iris devices, there is finally a smart hub that will support your Iris sensors and other devices. Read more at:
https://skylerh.com/the-smart-hub-that-can-control-your-1st-generation-iris-devices/

Best regards,
-Skyler
https://skylerh.com