cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

Tinkerer

Re: Lowes - How you can make it right

@rlowery78 wrote:
I too didn't get credit for all of my paired devices. GAG! WE WILL NEVER SHOP LOWE'S AGAIN!!!

I had tons of spare parts set back for our future second home..  (including a new HUB)

so, spent my evening on the phone with Lowe's and paring them all up since all were +90 days and it's doubtful I have the receipts anymore..    so, I had to accept the redemption offer first, so they could create a ticket to manually come back and redeam my other (previously) unpaired devices.

The Hub will be even more interesting since I've had it just short of 2 years..  still new in the original packaging.. with receipt taped to the box..   since it has never been paired, they suggested that I take that one back to the store and plead for mercy..   it was part of a package deal when I puchased our GoControl Thermostat..   so, will be interesting to see how much if anything they give me for it..   I'd be happy with a store credit.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Important Update about Iris Shutdown.

To the thegillon....

what the **edited** does all that even mean????   a lot of us that use Iris by lowes are not computer geeks...that was the beauty of this system....anyone could use it and follow it....now we have 60 days to another system that we hope will do what we need....are you saying hang on to stuff IN CASE someone does buy iris???  what if they dont and we are stuck with this stuff??  I do have a large amount invested in this with 140 plus devices....not to meantion set up for rules, scenes and pairing and having to repair something that falls off!  Now I have just a few short days to reseach and find another provider that will do what I need and hope they dont screw us like this too.  Just makes me furious after all the time, energy and money put into this to be dropped like unwanted luggage.

Tinkerer

How great would it be if on April 1st, every (former) Iris user mailed their hub to Lowes headquarters. How great for their mailroom to be slammed for weeks with thousands of inoperable hubs. Come to think of it, I think I still have the V1 hub somewhere (I know, Marie Kondo needs to pay me a visit). 

*Future SmartThings user. 

FYI, BestBuy has all SmartThings/ADT devices on sale right now. Just bought 28 ST/ADT door/window sensors for $4.99 each (Reg. $28).

Tinkerer

@NOLA wrote:

How great would it be if on April 1st, every (former) Iris user mailed their hub to Lowes headquarters. How great for their mailroom to be slammed for weeks with thousands of inoperable hubs. Come to think of it, I think I still have the V1 hub somewhere (I know, Marie Kondo needs to pay me a visit). 

*Future SmartThings user. 

FYI, BestBuy has all SmartThings/ADT devices on sale right now. Just bought 28 ST/ADT door/window sensors for $4.99 each (Reg. $28).

lol, I still have the v1 hub at home yet too..

does the Smart Things Hub pair with our Zwave or ZigBee devices?

Over the years I had problems with my Zwave devices falling off of my Iris system, but never the ZigBee devices, so when given a choice I typically opted for ZigBee...  so, while I have both most of my stuff (GE switches) are ZigBee..

Frequent Contributor

Definitely not receiving credit for all devices that are Iris proprietary-only.   For example, the Iris water leak sensors.  I have searched other smart home environments and can't find anyone else they're compatible with!   These are not the only device either I noticed this one after looking up the part #'s in google and seeing what compatiblity was shown.  Many showed only Iris as a compatible hub. 

Frequent Contributor

@thegillion

Wow, amazing info. Wish you were my next door neighbor!
Tinkerer

The Iris leak sensors have been added to SmartThings. 

https://www.smartthings.com/products/-/filter/brands/iris

Frequent Contributor

Do you know about the Utilitech branded one?    This is the detector that has the square base, with a corded remote sensor.

Frequent Contributor

Really need to allow people to connect devices in order to receive fair redemption. Lowe’s just assumes most people will forget about it, not notice, or not take the time to make things right. So sad a large company is doing it this way.
Frequent Contributor

On what grounds may I ask? Yes it is frustrating and infuriating, but worthy of legitimate lawsuit? I don't see it.