cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In response to Lowe’s announcement to sell Iris

Frequent Contributor

Re: In response to Lowe’s announcement to sell Iris

One more thing Lowes, if you are listening.  If you really care about your customers who made commitment to your system, you can ease the burden of what's coming for us by giving us IFTTT.   This way we can have more flexibility to keep our existing setup or transition to other systems down the road.   If there is the last feature Lowes could give us before ditching us by the side of the road, IFTTT would be my vote.  It's a realtively easy feature to add.  

Community Manager

Hi guys,

It is human nature to speculate and think about "worst case scenarios" but I would urge you to be patient for a little bit while; Iris isn't going anywhere, wish I could tell you more right now but as they say, stay tuned. 

-Mike

Highlighted
Rookie

Makes sense, Lowes clearly was never really committed to this product. The product had tremendous potential, it was ahead of it's time, but without either the commitment or competency to properly support and advance it they squandered the big lead they had in this market.

Tinkerer

I have said from the time they changed the logo that this was happening eventually. The "by lowes" tagged on to the end looks like it was designed without it and put there after the fact. Honestly, I think the branding has huge marketing potential if it was run by a company that can dedicate 100% to it. I could see this doing well at other retailers. I'm hoping they are holding off on a big update to announce once the acquisition has taken place... something to allow the new owners to give reassurance about what the future of iris looks like.