Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.4

Highlighted
Community Manager

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.4

We're giving our community a first look at what's to come in app release 2.4:

Release 2.4 contains the following user-facing enhancements for mobile apps:

1. New Alarm Settings
    • Automatically record on Security Alarm
      • Included a new setting for Iris users with cameras that allows them to have cameras automatically record for 5 minutes when a security alarm occurs.
  1. Smoke/CO Safety Shut Off
  • Users with paired thermostats, fans or space heaters can set these devices to automatically turn off if a smoke or CO Alarm is detected

1. EcoWater Water Softener Excessive Water Notifications
    • Added support for users of this device to receive alerts via push notification or e-mail related to Water Flow Notifications
    • Users can set an acceptable threshold for water flow rate and be notified if the flow exceeds the acceptable thresholds set

Release 2.4 contains the following user-facing enhancements for Web Portal:

• Support for Camera Service in Web Portal
    • Users can now view all cameras connected to the Iris platform within the Iris Web Portal
    • Additionally, users will now be able to ‘pin’ clips of interest for ease of viewing; users will also be able to filter their video clips by those that they have ‘pinned.’
      • From the camera service page, users will also see the four most recently ‘pinned’ clips for quick access.
    • Users can trigger a recording or begin streaming directly from their favorites bar on the Web Portal homepage
    • From the Web Portal camera card, users can cycle through all cameras currently connected to the Iris platform and initiate either a streaming or recording session without going into each specific camera’s detail page
    • When viewing their video recordings or streams, users will have the option to view in full screen mode
    • New storage ‘clean up’ options allowing the user to quickly and easily remove unwanted video clips
      • Option 1: Storage ‘Clean Up’ will delete all clips not ‘pinned’
      • Option 2: Delete All

Web Portal Enhancements, Improvements & Notable Bug Fixes in Release 2.4

• Mobile:
    • Added Personalization to Side Menu in App
  • Door Locks:
    • Resolved limited instances where Yale locks would experience an issue when confronted with an obstruction state
    • Fixed issues reported where the Iris app (iOS and Android) were not always reporting who opened a door in the app history log

12 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.4

When will all of this be operational? The new app is not available in itunes yet and I still cannot view my cameras in the web portal. It still says this about the cameras below.

Cameras

Manage this service using the Iris mobile app.

Did someone forget to push the release button?

Rookie

Thanks for adding the shut off feature of the HVAC when smoke or CO2 detected....

Won't  take credit for it by any means, but my father who is deaf did not hear the smoke alarms from a **edited** smoking on the stove while he slept upstairs.  The HVAC fans continued to run moving smoke through the house.  Luckily I was not far away and was able to get there before anything really bad happened (Christmas Eve).  Only damage done was a burnt **edited** of chili and the lingering smell for the rest of the holidays.  Thanks to IRIS for saving the day/night!

Frequent Contributor

I am able to view my cameras now on the web portal at home on my computer with Windows 10 but not on my work computer that runs on Windows 7. I have tried Explorer and Chrome. Is this a know issue or am I doing something wrong? I can view them in the web portal on my iPhone and iPad through Safari.

I still don't see the 2.4 app on iTunes yet. Will it be coming out soon or am I missing something there too?

Does the IRIS support team ever read these messages and answer them.

Advanced Member

I can say that I can view my camera on a windows 7 system using Firefox on the Iris web app. 

The app usually takes a few days before it shows up, I haven't seen it yet either.

[edit]I just tried with Chrome on my work windows 7 system and it worked as well.

Advanced Member

The 2.4 app update should be in the Apple store now, I just updated mine a few minutes ago.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Frequent Contributor

Really want the door unlock user fix. No sight of the upgrade in the play store though Smiley Sad

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.irisbylowes.iris.i2app&hl=en

Tinkerer

When will the 2.4 be in the android play store?
Frequent Contributor

I installed 2.4 yesterday and tested my system about 30 minutes ago. Nothing has been fixed. Did the development team really work on this and think that it is fixed. Did they test it? My water detectors both still set off all of my devices that are programed to go on when smoke or CO is detected. This has been going on now since the release of 2.1 when all of the security cards were combined. It has been four months since I reported the issue. During that time the development team keeps working on other enhancements. It would be nice if they just fixed what is supposed to work first. I was told by you that 2.3 would fix it and then 2.4 would fix it. What now? Wait until 2.5 comes out in six more weeks.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

Worked for me in Firefox. Still not explorer or chrome in Windows 7.