cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.5

Highlighted
Community Manager

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.5

We’re giving our community the first look into what’s new in the 2.5 release.

App Release Notes: 2.5

Camera Enhancements for mobile

Iris users will now be able to enjoy the same camera features made available on the Iris web portal in release 2.4.

• Users can now ‘pin’ clips of interest for ease of viewing.
  • Users will also be able to filter their video clips by those that they have ‘pinned.’
  • New storage ‘clean up’ options allowing users to quickly and easily remove unwanted video clips
    • Option 1: Storage ‘Clean Up’ will delete all clips not ‘pinned’
    • Option 2: Delete All

Device Support:  Philips Hue

• Users can now pair and control Philips Hue devices directly from their Iris app
    • During setup, it is recommended that users pair bulbs to a Philips Hue bridge first, then pair the bridge to Iris
    • For official pairing instructions, please follow the directions in the Iris app or visit the support section on our website.

• Iris Support of Philips Hue contains support for the following Hue Bridges and bulbs:
    • Philips Hue Bridges
      • 1st or 2nd Gen Hue Bridge
    • Bulbs
      • Hue A19 Light Bulb (White)
      • Hue A19 Light Bulb (White Ambiance)
      • Hue A19 Light Bulb (Color/White Ambiance)
      • Hue BR30 Spot Light Bulb (White Ambiance)
      • Hue BR30 Spot Light Bulb (Color/White Ambiance)
      • Hue E12 Candle Light Bulb (White Ambiance)
      • Hue GU10 Spot Light Bulb (White Ambiance)
      • Hue GU10 Spot Light Bulb (Color/White Ambiance)
      • Hue PAR16 Spot Light Bulb (Color/White Ambiance)
    • Lamps & Ceiling Lights
      • Hue Being (White Ambiance)
      • Hue Beyond (Color/White Ambiance)
      • Hue Bloom (Color)
      • Hue Fair (White Ambiance)
      • Hue Go (Color/White Ambiance)
      • Hue Phoenix (White Ambiance)
      • Hue Wellner Lamp (White Ambiance)
      • Hue Wellness Lamp (White Ambiance)
    • LightStrips
      • Hue Lightstrip Gen 1 (Color)
      • Hue Lightstrip Plus (Color/White Ambiance)
13 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.5

Unfortunately another update without fixing the landscape view for iPads and iPhones. How archaic. I comment on this every time a new one comes how but no one ever has the courtesy to explain why this feature was ever removed and why it is so difficult to bring back. This happened one time with an Amozon Alexa update. I wrote to them and it was corrected in the next update. They were willing to admit their mistake but you won't. The iPad continues to be a two handed operation when you have to keep rotating it from portrait to landscape. 

Rookie

And I keep asking for home kit support. I would buy a new hub if it meant home kit support. It can't be THAT difficult. They are missing out on a big crowd by ignoring it. If I hadn't sunk so much money into my iris system, I'd jump ship for a homekit enabled system. Heck, my 10 year old garage door opener just got homekit support with the purchase of a new chamberlain hub. 

Frequent Contributor

Now my gen1 keypads are giving a very low buzzing sound when doors are opened instead of the 3 chimes that where louder. Why do you keep changing the system? This is not right. Please revert back. 

Rookie

same keypad buzzing here, bring back the chime

Frequent Contributor

Is it me or are there just a lot of rude people on here? Suggestions should be made in the suggestions section and I am very confident that suggestions are taken very seriously. Stop complianing - changes are always coming, change is constant. My keypad made a weird noise too, I'm sure it wasn't an intentional change. I got an email today saying that maintenance was going to be correcting the keypad issue today.

A sense of community is supposed to be where we support each other, not tear each other down. Consider the impact of the things you say on line - you can make yourself seem really rude, annoying, or even a worthness contributor. It's okay to be angry or upset. 

On a good note, YAY! For the Phillips HUE support!! I'm excited.

Tinkerer

The problem is no one form IRIS ever responds no matter where you put a message. It is like nobody reads this site. I am out of town and my wife sent me a message about the buzz sound. I took the time to call IRIS support and they told me it is a known issue and they are correcting it. Can't they just send a message out about a known issue instead of taking calls about it all day and waisting our time. IRIS support needs to step up and become a leader in the community instead of doing nothing in it. Look through the history on all of these tabs and count how many times someone from IRIS has responded. I can tell you it is not very many.

Community Manager

As mentioned above, a firmware update has been released that addresses the V1 keypad buzz and restores it to a chime.

Thanks,

The Iris Team

Frequent Contributor

It's funny you said that and then someone responded. Smiley Happy I've tweeted @IrisbyLowes on twitter and always had a response. I've messeged on this board and always had a response. I've called support just to confirm that they were working on a solution back when that large system dump thing happened and they were great!! I just don't get it, I've never had a bad experience and there are SO MANY CHANNELS of communication open.

I'm sure part of the reason for the community is there are lots more of us then there are Iris Employees and we can help each other out. I haven't seen many posts that don't have another community member solution or an Iris Team Member solution.

I recieved an email about the issue. You have to understand that any system updates can cause issues, think of the people who update iOS early and they loose all of their contacts and then they say, "I HATE APPLE." It's not Apple's fault, technology isn't perfect. There are so many variables that cannot be determined what the result will do until you update it and find out. I didn't have to wait for an email to know Iris was working on it.... just be patient. Start a thread in a positive way that alerts the community. Members can be community leaders too, you know.

Iris you are doing a great job, keep it up! I can't wait for the next news update!! I'm hoping for Ring support, LED outdoor landscape lighting, and it would be AH-MAZ-ING if the Echo Show could show us the Lowe's Iris Cameras... that's the only reason I haven't bought one yet. I love my Echos and my Echo Dots! Smiley Happy Keep it coming!!

JR
I need a bumper sticker that says "My smart home is smarter than your smart home."

Tinkerer

Don't get me wrong. I love my IRIS system when it works. I have 76 devices connected to it. My wife calls me an IRIS nut. The problem I have is when you call in for support like this last issue one person acts like it's the first report and the other tells you it is a known issue. When they have a known issue they should send out an email just like they do when they update your hub. What is so hard about that? It would sure save a lot of time and phone calls. The other issue I have is sometimes you get a person who understands how to fix something and other times you get a person that just keeps apologizing for the problem you are having. Their best solution is always to delete the device and add it back. I think there is a lack of communication with their support team. They should all know the same things but don't. My water leak detectors were setting off fire alarm rules since 2.1 came out. I reported it and it took them 3 months to get it fixed. My smoke/CO detectors then started setting off water detection rules. They did fix that in a day. Why it took so long to fix the water rule I don't understand.  At no time did they send a message out to all of their customers saying that this was a known issue. The problem I have with them is they are always trying to get out something new instead of making sure the original devices work properly. They rush to put out the updates instead of thoroughly testing the new app before they release it. I'm to the point that I run my systems through a test anytime a new app comes out. I know updates can cause issues but why are we the ones who have to test them and report them. Shouldn't that be done at IRIS? How would you like to get on a plane and have them announce that they just updated their systems and you were on the test flight? On another note. Read the latest bug report about the V1 keypad and see how long it takes someone from IRIS to reply.