*All your items will be added to your cart on Lowes.com
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.5

Frequent Contributor

Re: Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.5

I agree with the Iris nut business... you have me beat with 76 devices. I'm not nearly there yet. But I will catch up now that I know I have a competitor! Smiley Happy  

I understand the frustrations, but I still think it's impossible for them to keep up with the demands. I really like the features that are coming out of the feature suggestion section, even if they are slow to come out - I still think it's awesome we get to shape the future of the company. Espcially when you consider that Iris by Lowe's is the best price, best expandability, best overall installation process with no fees or deposits or contracts. 

Tech devices are going to drop from time to time and errors will happen. I think it's great that they were able to fix that one problem in the day!! That's amazing when you consider the product is still just a baby in the grand scheme of things. Development timelines for products are incredibly slow. The new iPhone X has been in the works or over 6 years, and it's going to come out wiht bugs too, even with more and more testing. 

I think it would be great if users could sign up for a beta testing group. Maybe in exchange for keeping the new device, you send out products and give our hubs beta updates and let us provider feedback? I know I would be interested in a program like that. 

I've been on a plane with someone who only have hours in the 100's...   everything has to start somewhere and airplanes have to be in air worthy condition - meaning someone specifically inspects them individually before they take off. It would be impossible for Iris by Lowes to create every condition that we have created in our own highly customizable (feature rich) home environments for testing. It's just not plausible. 

I still feel Iris by Lowes is doing a fantastic job and you guys deserve more praise then you do criticism.

Frequent Contributor

i so agree!  I have had a great expereince with my IRIS system!  I started out withe set up for outside christmas lights and loved it so much my whole house is controlled by Iris now!  I have 135  devices!  Will probably have a few more for Christmas!  And occassionally one or will fall off and they alwyas help me get them loaded again.   Had a situaiton several months ago, where about 70 of the devices webt off line.....a regular nightmare when you think that all my lamps are controlled by an iris device!  But I called and they send an escaltion up and things were fixed in a day or so.  I look forward to see what new things they will come up with!  I love to show off my system to people who come to our house!

I hope they will come up with a way for the motion sensors to detect when movement stops and turn the lights off rather than them being on for a certian amount of time. 

Frequent Contributor

That's a great feature suggestion @hynote have you put that suggestion on the feature suggestion board? 

They do read those and new features do come out of those suggestions! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Tinkerer

@hynote

Unless I'm not understanding you, there is already a rule to do what you mentioned. It was in a release earlier this year I think... I know I've been using it for several months.
It is under the "lights and switches" section and is called "No motion, Turn Lights off". This allows you have a rule where a light or switch turns off if no motion is detected for a period of time.
I have some lights that go off automatically if there is no motion for 15 minutes... even if they are turned ON manually.