cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.6

Community Manager

Re: update

Thank you folks for the feedback on why you like landscape mode on the iPad app. I can't promise anything but definitely appreciate hearing how you want to use the Iris app on the iPad and I will pass this on to the rest of the team

Advanced Member

I don't perceive most of these comments as rude, although I see what you mean on other posts.  It seems like many comments are rude and demanding instead of polite requestss.  As for landscape mode, tell that to the member that cut a landscape oriented hole in his wall and mounted the ipad just for Iris control.  It was in place and functioning for many versions up until the update that killed it.

Iris isn't alone, as Wink and Avi-on are the same 'portrait only' mode but have been that way as long as I have been using them.

Using the web site isn't really feasible either because so many parts don't currently function on the web site.  Although @thegillion web portal seems to work good in landscape mode and has access to all of Iris components and functions, as well as other functions not available through Iris in the app or website.

Tinkerer

Thanks Mike S and rdisom for you contribution. I’m not sure what the issues were and why landscape mode was deactivated but I didn’t notice any problems with it while it was working.

Frequent Contributor

I bought a droid device just to display the IRIS App.  The device is "wedge shaped" and fixed in the landscape mode.  EVERY other App in the universe works fine, just not the one I bought the device for.  It shouldn't even be questionable.  I challenge YOU to show me any quality company that produces a tablet app that won't work in landscape. 

Tinkerer

Re: Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.6

I'm so HAPPY about the door lock "jamming" notification... Get this, when I was a wee little Iris Tyke with v1, I had a Kwik-set deadbolt on my back door (we never used the front door on my old house). For the first almost year, I had no idea why I couldn't "unlock" the door with the web app, or with the app. The status never changed to lock, and the app never let me hit "unlock". But I could lock it and unlock it with the keypad, so I never thoguht anything of it - I was just like... well, I guess that's as good as it gets. Finally I had a brillant thought one day... "I wonder if the deadbolt isn't extending all of the way?" So I drilled out the door frame a bit to ensure the deadbolt could extend completely and VOILA! Everything starts working like it should.  HAHA!

Has anyone else had this experience where it was complete and utter user-error (DOH!) moments?? LOL Smiley Happy

-JR

Frequent Contributor

Been There! Done That! I did exactly the same thing. Smiley Happy I thought the door lock just worked that way, until one day I had the same thought and drilled out the door jamb a bit deeper and then everything worked wonderfully. I never realized that the deadbolt on the smart lock extends farther than the original deadbolt that was installed on the door.

Tinkerer

Bump! Smiley Tongue    *Cough* Do I feel an update coming on soon? *cough* Smiley Wink

Can we have an early Iris Present, Santa @Iris