cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.8

Community Manager

Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.8

The Iris 2.8 app release is now available for download on Android devices and will be made available for iOS users this afternoon. Check out what's new for Iris in release 2.8.

Release 2.8 contains the following enhancements

New Device Support: Yale Assure Locks

• Iris has added support for the following Yale devices:
    • Yale Assure Pushbutton (Deadbolt) – Model #YRD 216
    • Yale Assure Touchscreen (Deadbolt)Model #’s YRD226 & YRD246

Access to Doors & Locks Card in the Iris Web Portal

• Iris users are now able to fully manage their Iris connected door locks, garage doors, and pet doors using the Doors & Locks card in the Iris Web Portal.

Access to Water Card in the Iris Web Portal

• Users are able to manage and view the status of devices, such as their connected water heater, water softener and water shut off valve, through the Iris Web Portal.

Support for Fingerprint ID for the Android Iris App

• On compatible Android phones with Fingerprint ID support, the Iris app now provides the option to log in using your fingerprint.
  • This setting can be found in Settings > Profile > Fingerprint.
  • Once enabled, this feature is available every time the Iris app is launched or when the app is activated after the phone has been sleeping.
  • If fingerprint authentication fails, the option to log in via the traditional email and password will be available.

Ability to reboot hub directly from the Iris App and Web Portal

• The 2.8 update adds the ability for users to reboot the Iris hub from the Hub Device details in both the mobile apps and the web portal.
  • On rare occasions, manually rebooting the hub can clear up various issues. This adds the ability for users to remotely reboot the hub without needing to contact Iris Support.
    • Note: When the hub is rebooted, connectivity to the Iris platform is lost for several minutes until the hub comes back online. The "hub offline" banner will display in the mobile apps and web interface until the hub has returned online.

13 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: Iris App Release Notes: App Release 2.8

Will the items listed in the 2.7 iOS update be included as well with the 2.8 update?

Here’s what’s new in 2.7:

Local Processing for Security & Panic Alarms

Triggered Security & Panic Alarms will now make noise inside the home even if the Smart Hub is disconnected from the internet. Keypads & Sirens paired to your Smart Hub will sound to deter intruders from entering your home. There are a few things to be aware of:

1. It is best that your Hub is always connected to the internet. If your internet service is unstable; consider purchasing a 4G LTE modemthat plugs into your Hub that will keep your Hub connected to the internet via cellular backup service. A $7.99/month fee usually applies, but is waived if you sign up for Professional Monitoring.
  2. As a safety precaution, we will not roll out this Local Processing feature to Hubs whose Security Alarms are Armed (In On or Partial Modes). We will only update your system while it is disarmed.
  3. Places with a NYCE Tilt Sensor or uncertified devices are currently unable to participate in Local Processing. These devices have unique settings that require more development and testing before they are released. However, expect Places with a NYCE Tilt Sensor to receive Local Processing as an update in the upcoming months.

New & Improved Account Creation Flow

New Iris customers will experience a streamlined account creation experience. We are committed to making Iris an easy to use smart home + security solution, and can’t wait to welcome more people to the Iris family!

Access Home & Family and Climate Cards on the Web Portal

Per customer feedback, the Web Portal continues to be a focus of the Iris development team. In this release, customers are now able to manage their thermostats, vents, space heaters, and fans using their Climate card. Customers are also able to see who is home based the status of their Smart/Key Fobs.

Cellular Backup Service Plan Extended to 7 Days of Use/Month

Per customer feedback, we heard that three days (72 hours) of Cellular backup service per month wasn’t enough. We listened, and have extended that limit to 7 days of Cellular backup service per month with no extra cost! Remember, the Cellular Backup Service is included at no cost in the Professional Monitoring Plan.

Bug Fixes & Performance Enhancements

The Iris team continues to allocate time every release cycle to resolve bugs, make performance improvements, and to prepare for future releases.

Have any feedback on this or other releases? Head over to the Community to make your voice heard.

Thank you for choosing Iris!

– The Iris Team

Advanced Member

Wasn't this release expected to deliver Touch ID protection for each app use on iOS as well?  I just updated and Touch ID is the same as before where it only asks for Touch ID authentication if you logout before closing the app.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Community Manager

Hi Terk,

The iOS TouchID enhancement are taking a bit longer then originally expected and we expect to include that functionality in the iOS 2.9 release.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update.  I am using iOS app version 2.8.0.  I am having an issue where 2 of my rules are not activating as I have them set up.  I'm thinking a reboot may help, but I am unable to locate within the app where/how to reboot the hub.  Please help!

Thanks!

Advanced Member

From within the app, goto the menu option in the top left->Devices->My Hub->More and you will find the Reboot Hub option

Advanced Member

Ok, looking forward to 2.9 then, thanks.

Tinkerer

Is 2.8 going to be available for the iPad? I found it as an update for my iPhone but it doesn't show available on my iPad.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yep, it's coming.

We "phase" our mobile releases by making them available to an increasing percentage of devices. This lets us catch bugs quicker - but Apple randomly picks the devices that get the upgrade, so it might show up on one and not another for another day or two. 

Hope this helps,

-Mike

Tinkerer

I still haven't seen 2.8 for iPad yet? Just thought I would let you know.