cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iris Promotions in November

Re: Iris Promotions in November

@djbernat Have you look at iriswebportal.com ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Community Manager

djbernat,

I appreciate your passion; feedback - both positive and negative - is welcome and we are listening. Our official web interface, since debuting about six months ago, has gained features with every release. In the past couple months we've added support for the alarm system, cameras, control for climate devices, and account setup/editing and we continue to add more functionality with each subsequent release. What specific feature are you desiring the most? 

Thanks,

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

@MikeS wrote:

djbernat,

I appreciate your passion; feedback - both positive and negative - is welcome and we are listening. Our official web interface, since debuting about six months ago, has gained features with every release. In the past couple months we've added support for the alarm system, cameras, control for climate devices, and account setup/editing and we continue to add more functionality with each subsequent release. What specific feature are you desiring the most? 

Thanks,

-Mike

I would like to see it work with everything - preferably adding or reassigning devices, just like the real one did when it came out. There was no reason to not have it. Do you believe that everyone who writes the code for this has to do it on a computer, then switch to a phone to test every piece of core functionality? That would be a waste of resources.

I have a problem now adding 2 new door contacts - and the app sucks even trying to do that(not to mention that it doesn't work anymore). I reset then, try to add them, doesn't find them, but the app found something that I had on my old system that I had removed a long time ago, and it doesn't even know what it is! And I can't even remove it using the app!!!!!!!

Not everyone wants to use a stupid phone to set up their house considering it used to be 100 times easier when on a PC. You removed most of the functionality that I originally bought this for, and a responsible company would have never released this 'next generation'(and I use that term loosely) without the original functions being available. Embarassing to have to tell people to find something else other than this. Devices drop off and reconnect a few hours later constantly - and the app is no help.

Tinkerer

djbernat, 

Hey Buddy! This community might be able to do you some good. I will say that I miss the origional web interface as well, but the Iris team will get us there again!

As far as devices give you trouble, I've found that if the device isn't reset before it's paired again, it may not work. Try resetting the device, removing it from the app using the Devices Tab. Also try removing orphaned devices while you are at it. 

I was having trouble with devices dropping and every single time it's been something could be rectified. Like, for example - adding a new z-wave device and rebuilding the network each time (even though it's a pain!) Also making sure that Zwave devices aren't more than 100ft away from each other. Or putting a device between them that will act as a repeater. 

Come talk to the community - don't feel like you are alone in this! We've all made unbeknownst-to-us mistakes that have caused trouble and ending up blaming it on Iris... and it was a silly thing we could have fixed..

Once I couldn't figure out why my outdoor cameras kept disconnecting and finally had disconnected for good wiht no sign on it. I felt like an idiot because I had swapped the router/modem and changed the SSID...  DOH! Totally irritated at the camera, and it was an ID 10 T error.... Smiley Happy 

The (at long last out following 2 years) web interface is finished trash contrasted with the old interface.

Furthermore, 'constrained' is putting it mildly, 'enhancing' is non-existent.