cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Iris News

Community Manager

October 2018 Iris News

Hi guys, it's been a few months and wanted to update you on same of the changes recently with the Iris platform.

We've been hard at work adding hardware and software support for a new generation of Iris-branded devices, and you can expect an announcement here in the weeks ahead with a lot more details about the new devices, but there have been other Iris updates recently I wanted to share with you guys. Here are some of the highlights:

- Enhancements to Iris's video service: Now all users, including those on basic can enjoy the ability to record video clips. Basic users get up to 24 hours of video absolutely free. Our premium and Pro Monitoring subscribers enjoy unlimited video storage for 30 days, plus the ability to mark up to 150 videos as favorites which can be stored indefinitely.

- Improvements to Irrigation: If you've given your sprinkler zones custom names, those names are now recorded in the history so you can easily see what zones have been watered. This works for both 12-zone sprinkler controllers and hose controllers.

- Numerous stability and performance improvements to the Iris Android and iOS applications. We've fixed dozens of issues large and small to improve the operation of our mobile iOS and Android apps

- Official Works With Iris support for Lutron. Iris now supports adding many Lutron Caséta devices such as in-wall switches and dimmers as well as plug-in dimmers. Lutron devices can be controlled, scheduled, and used in rules and scenes the same as any other Iris-compatible light or switch. 

- More History Improvements. See the history for Keen vents, and detailed history for presence devices (such as key fobs and pendants) that are assigned to people in your household.

- Web UI improvements. We've added support on the web for Care, Add A Place, Invitations, and more as well as adding the ability to pair even more devices via the web, bringing our web interface into parity with our mobile applications

18 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: October 2018 Iris News

iOS shortcut / Siri / HomeKit in the near future?
Community Manager

We are doing some investigation into some of the new iOS 12 Siri shortcuts functionality. No promises but we know there is a lot of demand for this.

-Mike

Tinkerer

Thanks for the update Mike. I’m waiting anxiously for new products to be able to upgrade my system with new cameras.

The updates have caused security issues with my IRIS systems.... I need someone to help yet again!!! First new cameras would not work with HUB, then told take old cameras off line to pair again for sound, old cameras did not work. Finally they realized it was an APP issue and fixed it.  Then I look at my clips and I have 20 different peoples clips in mine, BEDROOMS, businesses, farms, cars, animals and more all different locations... And guess what these people have my feeds!!! Beyond unhappy.... now my cameras are not recording per the rules??????  WHAT THE HECK is going on????

Tinkerer

@maletasnell wrote:

The updates have caused security issues with my IRIS systems.... I need someone to help yet again!!! First new cameras would not work with HUB, then told take old cameras off line to pair again for sound, old cameras did not work. Finally they realized it was an APP issue and fixed it.  Then I look at my clips and I have 20 different peoples clips in mine, BEDROOMS, businesses, farms, cars, animals and more all different locations... And guess what these people have my feeds!!! Beyond unhappy.... now my cameras are not recording per the rules??????  WHAT THE HECK is going on????

That is crazy! Who's to say someone isn't seeing clips from my cameras?
If this is true and not some sort of "demo" recordings, this a SERIOUS problem!

Highlighted
Tinkerer

@maletasnell wrote:

Then I look at my clips and I have 20 different peoples clips in mine, BEDROOMS, businesses, farms, cars, animals and more all different locations... And guess what these people have my feeds!!! Beyond unhappy....

Years ago there was a feature called "test drive" that would let you see features for devices you don't have.
I remember someone having a similar issue years ago, saying they were seeing other peoples camera, and it turned out that somehow they were seeing the "test drive" videos for the camera feature.
I don't know if "test drive" is still a thing, but I would be more inclined to think that this is is demo data than someone elses actual clips.

Tinkerer

Regarding Gen 3 items: October 16 has come and gone, when will the new items be released? The items are in many stores, but not officially supported yet.
DC
Frequent Contributor

I dont get it, where is Gen3? I've been holding back to buy anything waitting for gen3, and maybe i should really hold back for good and get a different system ? 

Community Manager

@Shanapadilla wrote:
Regarding Gen 3 items: October 16 has come and gone, when will the new items be released? The items are in many stores, but not officially supported yet.

They have been gradually showing up at more and more stores. We want to make sure they are readily available before doing a big announcement and putting them online, but if you are eager you can check out your local Lowe's and buy the v3 hub and devices. All the v3 devices and the hub are supported in the current Iris apps and platform, and support for pairing v3 devices with the v2 hub is coming very soon.

-Mike