cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Iris News

Frequent Contributor

Re: October 2018 Iris News

If the new Hub does not have USB how does the 4G backup modem work with the new system?

Community Manager

@casalobo wrote:

If the new Hub does not have USB how does the 4G backup modem work with the new system?

The 3.0 hub does have a USB port.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, that differs from the specs listed online.

Community Manager

@casalobo wrote:

Thanks, that differs from the specs listed online.

Yep, you are absolutely right - we will get that corrected. Thanks for the eagle eye!

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Mike,

I love the idea of the wireless camera,  I would like to purchase them instead of an Arlo system.

I would like to receive a notification on motion and have it record for a few minutes.

I know this is currently possible,  but looking at the rules,  I see you can set a schedule (hours/days) but is it possible to set a camera record rule based on alarm/scene status?

Ex.   Record only in "Away"  Mode

If the camera would record and send notifications constantly while I'm in my home, that wouldn't work.

Does this function currently exist or if not can it be added?

Frequent Contributor

@jeff909 wrote:

Mike,

I love the idea of the wireless camera,  I would like to purchase them instead of an Arlo system.

I would like to receive a notification on motion and have it record for a few minutes.

I know this is currently possible,  but looking at the rules,  I see you can set a schedule (hours/days) but is it possible to set a camera record rule based on alarm/scene status?

Ex.   Record only in "Away"  Mode

If the camera would record and send notifications constantly while I'm in my home, that wouldn't work.

Does this function currently exist or if not can it be added?

Mike,  I'm still intested in buying one of the new cameras,  any word on whether they can be set up to only record in "Away"  mode?

Community Manager

The cameras do not differentiate between away mode and not; that is a good idea though, might be worth a post in the suggestions section of this web site so people can vote on it.

-Mike

Advanced Member

This would seem to be a request for Geo-fencing which is one of the first features suggestion made back in 2016.  It has also been "logged" for about that long.

Community Manager

@Terminal wrote:

This would seem to be a request for Geo-fencing which is one of the first features suggestion made back in 2016.  It has also been "logged" for about that long.

Indeed. I work here and want it and alas still not in Iris! Still keeping my fingers crossed and yeah it is still on the list.

-Mike