cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redemption card update

Tinkerer

Re: Redemption card update

You need to call them and they can tell you how to fix this.
Frequent Contributor

Make sure you check the e-mail account used with Iris, I did get a notice about completing the Redemption process, but nothing yet on a card.  But maybe that will happen soon.  I did not complete the Redemption process ASAP, so I don't expect to be first.

And while the loss of Iris is bothersome, I will be getting back enough to cover a replacement system, maybe enough with sale specials to cover separate security and automation systems if needed.  That's not too bad.

Community Manager

The cards have a number to call to set up a PIN

-Mike

Tinkerer

Picked up my first card at the post office today.  Thanks Lowes!

Rookie

Redemption card update

Received my card today by registered mail. I am sorry to see Iris by Lowe's go. It has been an easy system to setup and add to plus the moitoring service has been great. Especially for the price. I've been trying to set up the Hubitat hub. Iris by Lowes makes Hubitat's look pretty grim. I am returning the Hubitat hub. It is too difficult to set up and theit interface is awful.

Tinkerer

Yes, I agree the interface is not as polished.  However, I have one rule in Hubitat that takes the place of 5 in iris.

Also, iris would simply not work or be very flaky with my motion detectors (all iris).  The rules that I currently have set up so far seem to be working without issue in habitat.

I think the interface will become better over time.

Frequent Contributor

So how long on average have people had to wait ? I have completed the redemption process on Jan 31, for 2 different locations. So far I havent heard or received a single thing.

Tinkerer

Received it in 12 business days for places 1 & 2 and 14 business days for 3rd place. I am still waiting on 4th places card. As stated above there was no order to processing and sending the cards out. Hopefully this weeks batch! I also saw it on the sign in banner and never got an e-mail. 

Rookie

Not sure if the same situation, but I had a hub in the house and one in the garage. I linked the home account with the garage and only had to sign in on the home to control /monitor either one. When I went through the "inventory" that Iris listed, it only showed the home devices. I had to log out and log into the account I created for the garage (separate email and password) to see the list of garage devices. I have already migrated the compatible devices to Smart Things and purchased replacements as needed. As luck would have it, I purchased 2 gen1 type contact sensors a few months back when they were on sal for 10 or 12 bucks just to have them as backups. I got (will be getting?) $23 each for those and the other 4 I have had for about 4 years. New ones cost me $30 but they are Zwave and the range allows me to use one hub in the house that works the detached garage also. Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

They gave me $800 for the water softener I bought because it won’t connect to another system.  It still functions just not smartly.  I got almost $1,500 total, really nice gesture by Lowe’s