cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redemption card update

Tinkerer

Re: Redemption card update

Mine was in my mailbox Friday. Go figure... No email, no signature, just in with the rest of my mail...

Heading to Lowe's to get some unrelated goodies for the house with the card... (I need window screens!)

This was a good move on their part. I rarely go to Lowes aside for Iris stuff, and not super familiar with their inventory. Finding things there that are either better quality, or unique from Home Depot... Probably up my shopping with them... 

Frequent Contributor

I received both of my cards recently and have had nothing but problems using them. First, I tried to purchase some hardware off of Amazon, at the card was declined. I called the customer service number at the representative's response was, "the card can only be used to purchase stuff." Really? What do you think I'm using it for? I tried the other card, same thing. Called again and was told that the card "can't be used like a regular credit card." Well, what can it be used for? Again, they said, "to purchase items." Not sure what I'm trying to do? To top it all off, each time the card is "declined," for whatever mysterious reason, they put a hold on the funds for 48-hours.

Of course, I would just go to the ATM and take the cash off the cards, but.. "NO CASH ACCESS." The website, as someone else mentioned, is as sketchy as they come and is an unsecured site (no SSL) at that. Obviously, the customer service leaves A LOT to be desired. Guess I'll try again in another 48-hours. Way to put some ridiculous stipulations on a redemption card, Lowes. I'll post back as progress is made, in case anyone experiences the same thing, or is interested.

Advanced Member

I had issues with one of the cards on Best Buy online order.  I made several purchases at Amazon that initially showed on the pre-paid website as declined but showed as outstanding purchases a few minutes later.  I made several purchases on Amazon after that and they all went through without issue.  I also used one at Office Depot and Home Depot without issue.

Frequent Contributor

It appears that one on my Amazon purchases may have went through; only time will tell. If so, the "48-hour hold" isn't a hard and fast rule, but still, there is no rhyme or reason as to why so many attempts to purchase on Amazon would've been declined and then one approved. Lowes may have fumbled when partnering with this financial institution.

Tinkerer

I can confirm, with PIN set up, you can pay your Lowe's card instore. 

Frequent Contributor

So my card got lost in the mail....Thanks USPS. A five week wait just for them to ship it now i'm not getting anything. Gotta love it....
Tinkerer

@rdisom wrote:

I had issues with one of the cards on Best Buy online order.  I made several purchases at Amazon that initially showed on the pre-paid website as declined but showed as outstanding purchases a few minutes later.  I made several purchases on Amazon after that and they all went through without issue.  I also used one at Office Depot and Home Depot without issue.

I made purchases with the cards online at Amazon, Walmart Grocery, and Ebay (thru Paypal) and also at Costco in store.  Several of the transactions showed as "declined" with a subsequent approved transaction for the same amount - but they went through.  Very odd.  Let's just say I am using these as fast as I can!  Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

Can anyone advise, is there a way to check whether/when my redemption card has/will be issued ?

Lots of people seem to be having trouble with their cards, - at least they have received theirs !!

Re: Redemption card update still have not gotten my card

Hi, I completed the steps for the redemption process to get my card in January of 2019 (this year). I still have not gotten a email nor have I received the card. How do I check on the status of my redemption card? I need that card so I can get replacement plugs. My email is staccimc@gmail.com. 

Thanks,

Stacci

Frequent Contributor

Re: Redemption card update still have not gotten my card

Still waiting to hear anything regarding my redemption card too.

I posted a request here 2 weeks ago hoping that IRIS ADMIN might advise how i might check whats / when happening, nothing so far and the weeks are clicking away !