Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The end of this forum

Highlighted
Community Manager

The end of this forum

Hi guys,

This forum will go offline on Monday April 15. If there's anything you want to save from here, now would be the time to do it.

A lot of Iris refugees and former users have been using the unofficial forum here:

http://forum.livingwithiris.com

which has evolved to be a more general smart home forum for former Iris users.

Hope to see some of you over there, and thanks for being a part of this journey

-Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Tinkerer

Re: The end of this forum

And we were wondering just when this part of the shutdown was going to take place. Sorry to see it go. See those of you that are migrating either on the SmartThings forum, or on the now living without iris forum... 

Iris is dead.

Long live Arcus!

Tinkerer

Uh. 12:03 P.M. CST Tuesday April 16th 2019, and the forum is still online... 

Tinkerer

I guess they don't have a calendar... :-)

Tinkerer

Why are you so concerned about this forum going offline or not?  I suspect the keepers of the data have reasons for the delay, suspect.  I simply never of making a big deal about a website staying online as an issue before.

Tinkerer

Not making a big deal out of it, just getting a good chuckle out of it. I guess I have a warped sense of humor... 

I am just shocked that they were so absolutely punctual to stop the Iris service itself, but the forum / website is taking its liesurely time. Not necessarily a bad thing either. I have heard there are folks working on archiving info here. Which is great for all of us as this will apply in a good amount to Arcus, and to a lesser extent to other platforms.

Still a bit sad that Iris went away, it's a good platform. From what I am seeing at my local Lowes, their "commitment" to home automation and security is about zilch these days... I guess they just don't see it as a profit center.