cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Enhancements for Pro-Monitoring: Preview

Frequent Contributor

Re: UI Enhancements for Pro-Monitoring: Preview

Nice catch on the logo. I think I hear a VP of marketing pulling the guillotine out.

Wanderer

I completely agree with all on the web interface. I think we should be given an update on what we all have been promised

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Web-UI/idi-p/118

The posted a update here about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

@frankw3 wrote:

Well we called the police when two device alarms triggered within a minute, the police showed and we were nicely repremanded for not having a registered alarm system. $35 took care of it. When will this monitoring be happening because I'm now outside the law according to a letter I received from the city. Aside from that we are for the most part very pleased with the gen 2.

Hey Frank, Can you explain more? What do you mean? Are you not allowed to have Iris if you don't register with your local PD?

Frequent Contributor

In some jurisdictions, you're not allowed to have your alarm system alert police/monitoring stations or even alert the PD yourself that your alarm has been triggered if your system isn't registered with them.  I think it usually results in a fine.

Frank - where are you based out of?

Give us our old hubs back and our old dash board and computer access. Everything work fine and was simple to use before 2016.   The designers of the new hub and app should be Fired.  Im a builder and referred this system to many home owners 3 years ago when it worked.  IRIS what are you going to do?

Frequent Contributor

I was not aware of having to register the alarm, or that there could be fines. I looked up the ruel for San Francisco where I live,  here they are

http://sftreasurer.org/EMERGENCY-ALARM-AND-FALSE-ALARM-INFORMATION

I'm not too concerned about it at the moment,  as my alarm only alerts me and has indoor sirens.  So I doubt the police will get called unless I call them. But it's worth knowing about registering if I get the professional monitoring.  

Frequent Contributor

I am with you. I can't believe people are waiting and ready to sign up for Pro Ver when they have yet to deliver half of what was lost from Ver 1. There must be a User who is a lawyer. I am ready to sue for "Breach of Contract" and maybe "Fraudulent Taking of Property". 

Community Manager

Thanks for your comments! These enhancements are rolling out soon (within 2017) and will coincide with Professional Monitoring. We will be posting updates on our timeline shortly to the Community so stay tuned. 

Tinkerer

yea, exactly just after we leave on a business trip.   (AGAIN!)

you'd better not render my system worthless..  we have pets and pet sitters and we count on this as our lifeline to look after them when we're away..   which is only a couple times a year..   but never fails, you seem to time it perfectly to have to pull this while we're away everytime!!

Not too happy that we can't opt out of the forected updates..  at least until we return home and can monitor that it's still functional.