Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 2.12.3 release notes

Highlighted
Community Manager

iOS 2.12.3 release notes

Hi guys,

For those with iOS, you'll notice version 2.12.3 showing up as an update in the app store.

This release has these changes:

- Fixes issue where when multiple iOS devices were logged into a place, only the most recently-logged-in device would receive notifications

- Fixes issue where for those on the Basic plan, camera rules were improperly hidden

- Fixes several crashes

Please note: As a side effect of fixing the notification issue, you might get an extraneous “your Iris account was logged into from a new device” and/or “a mobile device was removed from your Iris account” emails the first time you launch 2.12.3. These can safely be ignored.

6 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: iOS 2.12.3 release notes

Hi,

I am new to the forum. But is there a road map(hardware and software) for Iris considering Lowes is now looking to sell or is Iris just in maintenance mode until sold?

thx

Lester

Frequent Contributor

Mike: In the release before this one, we briefly had a feature change that I was excited about. Specifically, the Temperature or "Temp" list under the Climate Card listed all the temperature-reading devices in alphabetical order, rather than haphazardly like it has been since V2 came out. However, it did not last. The Temp list again has no rhyme or reason to the order of the devices listed, and it is not an editable list like the Lights & Switches Card.  This is a particular problem for those of us with many door sensors on our system.  If Iris is not going to make the list editable so that we can arrange the devices in a way that makes sense to us, having the list be alphabetical was still much better than the way it is now.  Any idea why we went alphabetical and then went back? Thanks.

By the way, I raised this issue in July of last year (https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-All-app-lists-editable-like-the-quot-L...), and 26 users indicated they had the same need. 

Community Manager

@pavalov wrote:

Mike: In the release before this one, we briefly had a feature change that I was excited about. Specifically, the Temperature or "Temp" list under the Climate Card listed all the temperature-reading devices in alphabetical order, rather than haphazardly like it has been since V2 came out. However, it did not last. The Temp list again has no rhyme or reason to the order of the devices listed, and it is not an editable list like the Lights & Switches Card.  This is a particular problem for those of us with many door sensors on our system.  If Iris is not going to make the list editable so that we can arrange the devices in a way that makes sense to us, having the list be alphabetical was still much better than the way it is now.  Any idea why we went alphabetical and then went back? Thanks.

By the way, I raised this issue in July of last year (https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Make-All-app-lists-editable-like-the-quot-L...), and 26 users indicated they had the same need. 

We made a change to have these alphabetized, but this change ended up causing all kinds of other bugs, for various esoteric reasons that have to do with how our iOS app is programmed. These other bugs were severe enough we made the hard decision to revert the changes until we can fix things right and ensure the app remains stable overall. 

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the response. Any idea what time frame for trying again?

@MikeS wrote:

@pavalov wrote:

We made a change to have these alphabetized, but this change ended up causing all kinds of other bugs, for various esoteric reasons that have to do with how our iOS app is programmed. These other bugs were severe enough we made the hard decision to revert the changes until we can fix things right and ensure the app remains stable overall. 

-Mike

Advanced Member

I suppose that is what caused clicking on one item to bring you to the properties of another item.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Z1
Frequent Contributor

I concur.  It was very useful to have them in alphabetical order.  I would like to see the feature returned also.