cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: alarm continues to countdown when alarm disabled by rule

Tinkerer

Bug report: alarm continues to countdown when alarm disabled by rule

If you unlock a door (with a rule to disarm) and then open it the hub processes the open first and starts the grace timeout. This leads everyone to rush to disable the alarm and cuss about how it works.

Watching carefully it appears that the alarm turnoff is processed correctly. So I let it count down, and sure enough it did not alarm at the end of the countdown. So the rule is being processed, but the countdown isn't stopped.

6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Bug report: alarm continues to countdown when alarm disabled by rule

Hi,

I would like to understand a bit more about what you are seeing. Are you referring to the countdown display in the app (for example, have the app open when you unlock the door and see the alarm countdown) or something else?

Thanks in advance! 

Tinkerer

I'm sorry. I was referring to the beeping sent by the panel while the grace period is counting down. The app shows the correct status, and if you touch the panel the OFF button is green, however the entire 30 second countdown in beeps continues. So the rule is working, the panel is working, but whatever logic to cancel the beeping is not occuring.

Tinkerer

@MikeS never heard from your team. Got one email asking when they could call, they never have.

Tinkerer

jorhett wrote:

@MikeS never heard from your team. Got one email asking when they could call, they never have.

Got love that professional support team which ignores you for 3 months...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yeah, that should not happen and can appreciate your frustration.

DM me your account info (or incident number if you have one) and I will check with the support folks to make sure you get a call back about that alarm countdown issue.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

I just deleted the rule to lock the door when alarm is set to on because mine was still locking immediately, before timer was off.  While alarm was counting down I turned the alarm off via he app and the version 2 keypad still beeped until the countdown would have ended.