cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Requests

Highlighted
Community Manager

Feature Requests

Please use this thread to suggest any new features you would like to be made available within Professional Monitoring.

7 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Feature Requests

Good afternoon,

Now that the system is monitored, it would be very helpful if there was a temporary "Test Mode" feature that would allow users to test their system without actually alerting the monitoring station.  For example, I am in the middle of a renovation and will be adding/moving some components around.  I am looking for the best place to put the two sirens I purchased and want to make sure they are heard throughout each floor.  Before the system was monitored, I would simply press the panic button on the keypad.  However, doing so at this point would notify the monitoring station who would attempt to contact the authorities.  

Unless there is another way that I'm not aware of, Test Mode would come in handy.

Yes, this feature will be really helpful.

Tinkerer

I too agree a test function would be great.
Frequent Contributor

Local/Off-line Processing

Local processing has been a parity item for a long time, but two months ago, an IRIS blog Community Manager indicated this was actually coming (see below).  The language was a bit cryptic though. Apparently, something to do with local processing -- which will prioritize "Safety & Security features" -- is coming this quarter.

So now that we have Professional Monitoring launched, I had expected that some level of local processing would come with it. That is not the case. Please explain the status of this "Q2 2017" launch. Thanks.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We recognize how crucial this feature is to many of our users and are actively working to include this functionality.

We will be prioritising Safety & Security features for this update, following your feedback, with a view to launching in Q2 2017.

Frequent Contributor

It would be great to also have a way to test the system and to get an automate message back from the monitoring center to know they received it. This way the connection is tested as well.

Frequent Contributor

An Apple Watch app, please. Just to quickly silence the alarm when I'm coming in through the door and my hands are full.

Hi All, We need a Coverage Map showing areas serviced by the Pro-Monitoring System. 

According to all the literature and promotions in the Store and online we have coverage, but I have yet to find ANY zip codes in the State of Maine that are actually serviced at this time.  It is wrong to deceive our customers who are considering and/or purchasing the IRIS system with the promotion of the availability to this service when it is not available anywhere in state that I can find and definately not available in our store area.  When we intercept a customer in the IRIS area and they inquire about the Pro-Monitoring we can clarify that it is not yet available in our area.  However, not all purchases are made with the assistance of a salesperson that would know that our signage is in fact not disclosing that this service is not available in our area.