Your Cart

Product Name Quantity Price
Total $0.00
*All your items will be added to your cart on Lowes.com
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

Frequent Contributor

Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

Iris is either circling the drain and grasping at the straws for quick stop gap with the cash flow or they REALLY hate their customers. They apparently can't afford the development costs to do things right so instead they offer another useless paid service.

Every Lowes I have been to in now Virginia, Idaho, Utah and NC display perpetually shrinking Iris shelves with mostly empty product hangers and minimal device choices offered for sale.
Most store associates know nothing of Iris, device support or options and I am now seeing the kind of discounts you see in the liquidation sales on the meager sensor selection that somehow is still in stock.

Not the picture of health from a $2500 investment in hardware and $120 annualy I as a customer get.

Now regarding you pro-monitoring. You sold most of us dumb hopefuls on the idea of a nice, we'll supported a la carte home automation and security with NO contracts or fees. We had it all in V1 and I gladly spent $$$$ on devices and the tiny 3gb of cloud storage for my cameras.

I will not speak of the epic fail cluster f*** of the V2 upgrade. But you did make both written and verbal promises to make things right. Promises you officially retracted in this very community forum. Instead you chose to offer us, the DIY crowd, a service that everyone one and their ADT dog already does so much better.

Why ????
3 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

This perhaps was a service that some of their users did want. I know when they called me to try and offer the service to me I specifically told them the reason I chose Iris was because they did NOT have monitoring. It was specifically the reason I chose them over SimpliSafe (Which I also told them).

The lack of hardware on store shelves, and lack of advertising, lack of employee knowledge, and quite frankly botched V2 rollout / forced conversion, which resulted in the reviews being what they are, all are a huge problem.

I've accepted it, the V2 hardware just isn't as good as the V1 hardware in some cases. We lost features and capabilities that we had in V1. I've used the system long enough that my hardware has paid for itself over ADT even if it went dark tonight.

I think it's time to just suck it up. V2 is not V1. Lowes even had a point where they were even offering returns on the V1 equipment for those that were unsatisfied. My Iris system works as expected 99%+ of the time at this point. When I need I help I call the 800 number I get a real person, pretty quickly, who is polite, and is helpful.

So step back for a moment. Does your system function? Mine does. Sure the one feature I'd really like at the moment is local processing. However all this negativitity isn't helping us move forward. I think Lowes knows we're upset.

So I don't think any of us want to see Iris fail.

Frequent Contributor

Well, let's see - my cameras picture quality has all gone to the crapper, my care alerts trigger every 5 f*cking hours, my glass break sensor and my power Meter don't do much of anything, I can no longer trigger multiple cameras from a single event, my *live* camera feed is about 1.5 minutes behind on a 50mbs connection, should I go on ?
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Fair enough, and very valid complaints. My cameras have some delay when  gstreaming, but the picture is fine.

I do wish we got alerts again when the system went offline or a sensor disconnected, and not after 24 hours or whatever it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely giving Iris a pass (At this point I don't buy anything that isn't compatable with Smart Things just in case). I don't want to say there is no alternative, I'm just starting to realize theirs some pros and cons to all these systems.  I get that many of us are disappointed to see it take some steps backwards. However on there other side there are some things that Iris also does well.