cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

Wanderer

Re: Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

When will Alabama get professional monitoring?

When will power monitoring tools with totals, averages, and trends be available for products that indicate their power consumption?

The rules involving power triggers should allow you to set more specific values.  Specificly, I would like to be able to set a rule or alert based on certain power consumption values going to zero.  I have freezers and refrigerators plugged into these devices and would like to know if the power goes out or a breaker trips.

Thank you

Community Manager

Hi,

Professional Monitoring is available in Alabama and you should be able to sign up.

If you are having any issues signing up, PM me your zip code and I can double-check but you should be good to go.

-Mike

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

notice how all questions regarding the power or energy management or monitoring were ignored. 

MikeS wrote:

Hi,

Professional Monitoring is available in Alabama and you should be able to sign up.

If you are having any issues signing up, PM me your zip code and I can double-check but you should be good to go.

-Mike

Wanderer

Not trying to pile on but I have to agree with the others that question Lowes/Iris commitment. I travel all over the US and visit Lowes stores from coast to coast and have been extremely disappointed in the Iris displays that have very little stock or information. It's been quite a while since I've seen an automation or security pack on the shelf or even a hub. I have to ask customer service to look in the cage. Very little effort put into promoting the product. This is disappointing since I've had a system in my vacation home for 2 years without issue and was considering cancelling CPI in my primary residence and replacing it with a monitored Iris system. I have to consider other options. 

Community Manager

I agree it is disappointing when a Lowe's location doesn't have adequate stock and a clean, properly set-up Iris display. To be honest a bit of that is us being victims of our own success - stuff is often sold out due to popularity, and we are in the process of enhancing our back end processes to ensure a better consistant flow of Iris product to more Lowe's locations in the future. I hope you will stick with us as I think your patience will be rewarded. If there's any specific Lowe's location you thin could really use some assistance with their Iris display, please let me know either here or through a PM and we will look into it, and if you have any thoughts on what you'd like Iris to do to promote or enhance our presence in a way that resonates with you, please let us know.

Thanks,

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

MikeS wrote:

I agree it is disappointing when a Lowe's location doesn't have adequate stock and a clean, properly set-up Iris display. To be honest a bit of that is us being victims of our own success - stuff is often sold out due to popularity, and we are in the process of enhancing our back end processes to ensure a better consistant flow of Iris product to more Lowe's locations in the future. I hope you will stick with us as I think your patience will be rewarded. If there's any specific Lowe's location you thin could really use some assistance with their Iris display, please let me know either here or through a PM and we will look into it, and if you have any thoughts on what you'd like Iris to do to promote or enhance our presence in a way that resonates with you, please let us know.

Thanks,

-Mike

Inasmuch as I would like to believe you Mike, I waited with baited breath for 1.5 years of your support agents telling me that the "energy monitoring is coming back, just wait, we are working on it". I called once a week for months and I am really tired of being lied to. The stores in my area have 50/50 gen 1 sensors and gen 2 sensors, no cameras, no hubs, no kits, no bulbs, and lots of empty inserts and dust. If the product was selling as you stated one would think the sales staff would have SOME idea about anything Iris related other than the general area of the store "this stuff is". Majority of my Gen 1 devices have already quietly failed and had to be replaced, not my Energy Monitor though, not branded Iris it has been going strong for 2.5 years taking the 240V current passing through it 24/7. 

To sum it up, YOU personally along with every other Iris support agent I had spoken to have created a strong opponent to your products. Personally, I am stuck with it until you simply cant afford to keep the line going but I do take every opportunity as a security consultant to steer ALL of my business clients to the SmartThings platform. So thank you, for teaching me a valuable lesson of not putting my technology eggs in one basket. 

Tinkerer

The Lowes store in Porterville, California could use some help.  Currently they have a few wifi smart plugs, Duraflame heater and a compatible Honeywell thermostat. 

Zero of any security components, switches, z-wave smart plugs, etc.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Advanced Member

MikeS wrote:

Thanks,

-Mike

With 160+ devices on my system I'm in it for the long haul.  However, it would be nice if the folks at Iris would share their vision of what's on the horizon.

Community Manager

Hi guys,

I will do my best to give you some ideas what's coming with Iris. I want to say in advance I need to speak in generalities a bit because when it comes to the technology business, timelines have a way of moving around and a lot of factors affect the timing and development of new features. I can't come on and say "Iris will have for sure have Feature X by the end of May." That said, some of the major areas where we are focusing attention in 2018 include adding support for integrations with new devices and new cloud services, enhancing the flexibility of our rules, ensuring parity between the mobile app and web interfaces, enhancing support for voice services, and improving the reliability of the pairing process for devices and making it easier to add new devices. We are also working to improve the stock and presentation of Iris stuff at your local Lowe's and improving the integration between Iris and Lowe's. We also try to fill in "gaps" by adding support for feature requests from this site - a perfect recent example is the hub reboot option. Look for more "small" features like this in 2018 as well.

I can't promise you a unicorn in 2018, but hope this helps a little. We really do listen and try :-)

-Mike

Advanced Member

Mike,

Thanks for the generalized response.  At least this give us a vague idea of what to look forward to in 2018. 

The biggest problem I have with Iris is the speed at which developement is occuring.  It seems like it takes forever to get changes and features implemented.  An example would be the hub reboot option you mentioned.  This feature request was submitted in January of 2017 so it took almost a year to get this simple modification added to the app.  In comparison @thegillion had this feature added to his web portal months ago and I don't think this took him more than a day or two to do accomplish this.  My point is that in this fast changing world of smarthome technology speed does matter and it is very important for development to keep up with consumer demand or you're going to be left behind.

-Vettester