cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

Community Manager

Re: Is Iris going to be around much longer ?

Thank you for your comments Vettester.

Developing and adding features to a system like Iris is a careful deliberative process, that involves coordination between a lot of people in diverse roles including project management, engineering, marketing, hardware development, quality assurance, operations, documentation, and support. In a way it is kind of like a construction project in the physical world - many things have dependencies, and a large diverse group of professionals with different skills sets need to be involves at just the right time to bring everything together. Our customers all rely upon Iris's functionality and use the system in numerous different ways and we want to be sure that everything we do will benefits as many folks as possible while keeping the system running robustly and reliably.

A side effect of this is that sometimes new features don't get released as quickly as some folks desire. While I know that it isn't what you perhaps want to hear, I hope that this helps you understand a bit more. No matter what, we'll keep working for you and all of our customers.

-Mike

PS: In the most recent release of our new "Inside Iris" blog we talk a bit about how we develope and test Iris releases, if this is something that interests you: https://www.irisbylowes.com/blog/iris-at-home/works-with-iris-device/

Frequent Contributor

@MikeS I have spent 15 years in the web application support role. Perhaps you can answer me this as Patrick seemed to literally vanish. What would you as a customer think of a company who offered you the following after you invested $500 to install some hardware along with nearly a year of the app itself showing an energy card and stating <Coming Soon>

Aug 10 @IrisByLowes when will my Aeon Labs EnergyMonitor start working/be supported again ?

Aug 10 @euthorus Energy monitoring is something we're currently working on. Keep checking back for more updates

Oct 28 @IrisByLowes you know whats scary ? It's been 5 months now that you disabled my Home EnergyMonitor by forcing the "Nextgen" switch.

Oct 31 @euthorus We're currently working on bringing back energy monitoring to Iris, so we appreciate your patience here.

Operations Director

Re: Freaking Power Meter

We were sorry we were not able to bring every single Iris First Generation device to the Iris First Generation platform.  The three devices we did not carry forward were the Blueline Energy Meter, the Aeon Energy Meter, and the Ivee voice device.  None of these devices were moved to the new platform due to extremely low user counts, and/or the quality of experience they provided our customers. All users with these devices should have received an email informing them of the change on May 2nd, 2016.

Now here is the fun part, no such email ever went out, no apology or explanation offered. No one owned up to ****ing the customers over. @MikeS  you pretty much follow suit and ignore my comments so I will continue posting and start emailing Mick Koster to hopefully get an answer/refund.

Community Manager

euthorus,

I can understand your frustration. I can't speak for what happened in the past, but I am going to do my damndest to get you an answer. I know patience may be the hardest thing to once again request but let me work this and try to get some answers one way or the other.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

The staff in general at my local Lowe's store are diminishing and when I need technical help, it's quite disappointing.

This store has major problems in general.

As far as smart products it's a dusty, disorganized, half-stocked mess. Yes, the Iris end cap is there, but I've never had

someone stop and ask if I need help when I stood there checking out the Iris products. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi awraynor,

Can you PM me the location of your store. We work to educate stores on Iris and make sure the displays are in good shape so we want to make sure this gets fixed.

Thanks!

-Mike