cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to test something that would trigger an alarm?

VIP

Need to test something that would trigger an alarm?

I discovered that if you want to perform a test that would trigger an alarm you can call UCC ahead and after they verify your address and identity they can put you on a disregard status for whatever timeframe you need to do your testing.

5 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need to test something that would trigger an alarm?

Good to know! Pretty standard in the industry though would still be awesome to have an easier method through the app. At least we have some way of testing though I would still like some confirmation that they got the alert as well.

VIP

I've had 3 false alarms, operator error, all 3 times ucc was calling within 5 seconds of the grace period end.
Anything can happen but at this time I'm 100% comfortable the system works as expected.
Highlighted
VIP

Accidents sometimes happen. Unless it's a panic or CO alarm you'll be able to stop dispatch.
Rookie

The Panic Alarm is what kills me. I understand why they treat it as an 'automatic dispatch', but the other day, i was moving my keypad and bumped the panic button. I turned it off immediately, got a very quick call from UCC but was told the police were already on their way. They showed up while i was still on the phone with UCC, so at least I know our local police department is responsive! But one more of those this year and I get a $50 fine from the city!  It seems like there should be SOME way to avoid that. Maybe a 5 second grace period for the panic alarm or something.

Tinkerer

At least you get one false alarm. City of LA charged for every "false alarm". If a crime in not activily being committed and police report filed, you have to pay a fine, (I think it was $250) they consider that a "false alarm" even if the police never show up.