cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Monitoring Question

SOLVED
Highlighted

Pro Monitoring Question

If my alarm goes off while I an not at home and UCC calls me, will they give me enough time to check my cameras before dispatching the police?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Pro Monitoring Question

I had UCC call me before and it is no. 

This may help too 

https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/843/What-To-Expect-With-Iris-Profess...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Tinkerer

I think the call is to comply with local false alarm ordinances and so that you can confirm a false alarm.

If I'm not home and my security system is triggered, I want the police asap.

If your triggers are set appropriately, why would you need to view your cameras to confirm a true intruder,fire or etc... this is only going to delay the dispatching of responders!

Just my opinion
Frequent Contributor

If it is like monitoring centers I have dealt with, both personally and professionally, you can call them back and have them cancel the alarm call. 

Outlined below:

To cancel a Professionally Monitored Security, Smoke, or Panic alarm, simply answer the call from the Monitoring Station or call the monitoring station directly at 1-844-571-6006 to cancel the dispatch. Alarm TrackerTM will notify you if the police or fire station does not dispatch. If the authorities decide not to respond, you should call 911 or your local authorities immediately.

Beginner

So in case a Panic Button is pressed what is the exact sequence of events? Is police alerted right away or do you get a call from a monitoring station first? 

The reason why I am confused is because at this link: https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/843/What-To-Expect-With-Iris-Profess...

one paragraph says "A Panic alarm in your home will result in emergency personnel automatically being alerted...." then a paragraph below says "To cancel a Professionally Monitored Security, Smoke, or Panic alarm, simply answer the call from the Monitoring Station or call the monitoring station directly at 1-844-571-6006 to cancel the dispatch". And these two sentences contradict themselves because if 'emergency personnel is automatically being alerted' as stated in the first quote why does it say that I am able to cancel it by 'answering a call from a Monitoring Station' ...so do you get a call first or are the emergency services dispatched automatically?

Frequent Contributor

For a panic alarm they will call police FIRST then try and call you. With a CO alarm they will send someone and you are unable to cancel the response (which is VERY VERY smart). With smoke or burglar they will try and call your contact first before dispatching police/fire. This helps reduce the number of false calls to emergency services. Some jursidications will charge you after so many false alarms and may also require a permit. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posting this. As another example of the Iris team's right hand not knowing what the left is doing, I asked for this information last month on social media and was told no such document exists!