cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-Up Process

Highlighted
Community Manager

Sign-Up Process

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the sign-up process for Professional Monitoring. 

How quick and easy was sign-up?

How clear and easy to understand was our messaging?

Were you left with any questions?

9 REPLIES

Re: Sign-Up Process

Setup process went very easy from a user interface stand point. I was able to go through it all very quickly. Wish i would of had my credit card info saved already or it would of been quicker. Was trying to get the free wireless backup modem that you gave to the first 100 sign ups.

Instructions were very clear. 

My only question was if i had to register the alarm system now with the local municipality. Sometimes I beleve this is required, but an email to my local police department resolved this. Might be something to let other customers know.

Frequent Contributor

Sign-up process was trouble-free for me as well, although the Living with IRIS blog reports some folks running in to a problem with being told there were no first responders in their area even though they had them nearby. 

I particularly liked the fact that it reported to me that I had a security-related device (siren) off-line (although I DON'T like the fact that it keeps going off-line).

Further, I added Halo smoke detectors tonight, and in the midst of the pairing process, it informed me that I had added new protections (smoke, CO2) that would be professionally monitored. No lag time at all before the new devices were part of the professional monitoring program. Very nice.

I do wish the sign-up process was able to tell me specifically what number would be calling if the monitoring service needs to contact me.

Also, I think people are confused by the new Alarm Requirements "motion-only" device rules for setting off alarms. You may want to publish more of a narrative description of the appropriate settings. For instance, Mine are now set to 2 for "On", but "0" for Partial. "0" doesn't make sense to me -- it should be "1". When I go to change it, it takes me to a page that makes it look like I have no sensors or other alarm devices paired. Instead, it says:

"Contact sensors, glass break sensors, and other non-motion devices that trigger will start the Security Alarm Grace Period. Pair a motion sensor to get additional settings."

Well, I've got a bunch of motion sensors paired already, so I don't understand the sense of this

Frequent Contributor

Good afternoon,

The signup process was pretty simple and easy to follow.  The only confusing part was that I was asked to verify my address because the address on file did not match a USPS address.  However, when I typed in my address again (the exact same way that it was already there), it came up as "verified".   

The only question I have remaining is about the offer that was sent with my original email.  It said that the first 100 customers to sign up for Pro Monitoring would receive a free 4G Cellular Backup modem, and that Iris would be following up with those customers.  I signed up the instant I received the email, but have not received any "follow up" email stating whether or not I should expect the 4G Cellular Backup modem for free.  I was appreciate a follow up!

Now that the system is monitored, it would be nice to have a feature to put your system into "Test" mode when adding new products such as a new siren.  To my knowledge, there is no other way to test the system than to intentionally set it off.  I supposed I'll put this under "Feature Requests" as well.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Pavalov,

I had the same concern about the number of devices that would be required to trigger the grace period under the "Alarm Requirements".  I noticed that that the app no longer says "number of devices", but rather "participating motion sensors".  In partial mode, motion sensors do not activate the alarm grace period, only door/window sensors.

Tinkerer

Sign up process was great for me. As to the OP, my district requires an alarm permit, but I just had to fill out a form online and it cost me nothing... basically a warning about repeated false alarms. Our municipal also requires 2 non LEO calls before the authorities are called, this too was easy to setup from the app.

Do we need to send some info to local police or register with local police? Please share any related info.

Tinkerer

Depends on where you live. Each community, city, town, etc. Will have different rules. I recommend contacting your local governing body for the exact process.
Frequent Contributor

mdm496 wrote: In partial mode, motion sensors do not activate the alarm grace period, only door/window sensors.

You pegged it -- I forgot that.

Frequent Contributor

Very easy to do, once they corrected the issue that prevented me from signing up the first time. I like how the system called me to verify I was signed up. I love having the monitoring through the system now. I was using a local monitoring service prior and it wasn't a seamless expierence. 

Great job!! Please keep it going. Test mode is a big one, and maybe a touch panel option like wink uses that I could put next to my bed so when the alarm goes off in the middle of the night I can look over quickly and see what is happening. The touch panels would be great to install all over the house, especially if they can sound an audible alarm out of them.