cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

false positive no-grace-period warning alarm / monitoring call after alarm disabled

Highlighted
Tinkerer

false positive no-grace-period warning alarm / monitoring call after alarm disabled

I came home. I unlocked the door (which disables the alarm), opened the door. I had my hands and I was placing items on the table, so I happened to be standing 1 foot away from the alarm panel (and not having left that area) when the monitoring station called me about a buglar alarm. Here's the history:

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.36.43 PM.pngI checked that the alarm panel showed disarmed when I entered. At no time did the alarm panel make a grace time countdown. However, the monitoring service received a burglar alarm even though my node saw no alarm and the history shows no alarm.

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: false positive no-grace-period warning alarm / monitoring call after alarm disabled

Hi, 

I'd like to investigate this and see if I can figure out what happened. If you don't mind, can you please DM your hub ID and I can check into it? Thanks!

Tinkerer

Re: false positive no-grace-period warning alarm / monitoring call after alarm disabled

I have the same rule set up and I tell my kiddo to make sure the keypay tri-beeps before you open the front door because just unlocking it and then opening has set off the alarm and notifed the monitoring station for me a couple times. Maybe waiting until the panel reacts would help ensure the rule is processed out.