cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st gen 110-volt smart plug issues

Frequent Contributor

Re: 1st gen 110-volt smart plug issues

I have purchased a 4-pack and the model# on the item is SPG800.

The model number on IRIS website is SPG902.

I wonder if that could be the issue here.  Emailed to IRIS, waiting on reply.

Frequent Contributor

All of mine are the model #SPG800 also.  Please let me know how IRIS replies to your email!

Frequent Contributor

Check out eBay.  Its loaded with new in the box cheap IRIS Version 1 components.

Frequent Contributor

@virtu789 wrote:

I actually want to strengthen my Z-wave network, and I know that 2nd gen smart plugs are the way to do that.  Not so sure about 1st gen.

Adding Gen 1 smart plugs should only strengthen your Z-wave mesh, in the same way the Gen 2's do. Only difference is you're not adding to your Zigbee build with the Gen 1's. eBay still has good prices on them.

Highlighted
Tinkerer

I thought it was the other way around. I was pretty sure V1 was zigbee only (not z-wave). From what I can remember, all the iris branded stuff used a propritary implementation of zigbee in V1, which is why none of those old devices are compatible with other systems such as Smart Things.
My understanding is that the V2 stuff extends both Zigbee and Z-Wave, but the old V1 stuff only extends the iris V1 flavor of zigbee.

Rookie

Actually the problem may be the 2nd gen plugs. I only have one of the 2nd gen wifi iris plugs but I try to keep it isolated, I have several 1st gen and they seem to be the best for connectivity as some are over 100 feet from the hub. The second gen seem to fail if they get too far away.

Especially great is they tell use the electric consuption of what is plugged into it.