cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

240V switch for water heater, a/c, water pump, hot tub etc.

Frequent Contributor

240V switch for water heater, a/c, water pump, hot tub etc.

I would like to be able to remotely switch on/off water heater/tank that runs on 240V. I usually turn it off using the circuit breaker. As a plus it would be nice to see the power usage, just like on the smart plug.

6 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: 240V switch for water heater, a/c, water pump etc.

Not sure if it's readily available yet, but this should take care of the switching.  I don't think it will do energy monitoring though.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Z-Wave-40-Amp-Double-Pole-Wireless-Gray-Indoor-Outdoor-Push-Light-Switch...

Edit to add:  It says that it supports energy monitoring in the description and it shows to be available for shipping on the Lowes website.

Advanced Member

Re: 240V switch for water heater, a/c, water pump etc.

You could pickup one of these and use a SmartPlug to trigger it on/off, you won't get energy monitoring out of the 220volt load though.

https://shop.ivacswitch.com/collections/ivac-control-modules/products/ivac-contactor-115vac-trigger-...

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Rookie

Re: 240V switch for water heater, a/c, water pump, hot tub etc.

Thus far, I'm impressed by this little pump. Similar to most crazysales water pumps, the max head height is exagerated (with all pumps, you merely choose a small trickle water with zero pressure during the max head values) however, these pumps are so cheap, it's effortless to just add one more in to the pipeline for boosting the top height and flow rate. **edited**, add half 12 they usually still exercise cheap.
Rookie

Thus far, I'm impressed by this little pump. Similar to most crazysales water pumps, the max head height is exagerated (with all pumps, you merely choose a small trickle water with zero pressure during the max head values) however, these pumps are so cheap, it's effortless to just add one more in to the pipeline for boosting the top height and flow rate. **edited**, add half 12 they usually still exercise cheap.

Yes i have the remote which i have got after ac installation. You won't have to move from your bed and you can turn on and off your ac unit.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have an update on a product to do this job please ?

thanks